No more Hounds and bears.......

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

No more Hounds and bears.......

Postby creationchris » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 pm

The "no bear hunt nevada" group just filed a petition today with NDOW to outlaw the use of dogs to hunt bears.......They are slowly getting what they want and now with the addition of a Humane Society member/director to the NDOW board, things can only get worse. Time to SPEAK UP!!!!!!
creationchris
hunter

Re: No more Hounds and bears.......

Postby fishonzac » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Chris. I heard about it two weeks ago I really should have posted something. That no bear hunt is just a bunch of hippie tree huggers smoking grass trying to find ways to loop hole the hunt. I will tell you one thing it will sure make that bear hunt much harder especially with no bait. The best part is I think maybe only one bear has come from a populated area (backside of Kingsbury) and that one had been tagged by F&G previosuly. Other then that most of the bears taken I bet had never even seen a person let alone a dumspter.
fishonzac
hunter

Postby Goosecrazy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 am

I hope Nevada sportsmen shove it right up the bear huggers azz's. No room for them on this side of the border.
Goosecrazy
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am

No problem...................

Just head up to the Galena area and set out a apple pie on top of a log................
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby NVduck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 am

Pay attention to this guys. CA has outlawed the use of dogs starting next bear season.
mcqueenmetalfab.com
NVduck
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:22 pm

What do you expect when you put a liberal on the wildlife board. This is just the start of the end. It's just like the Feds putting wolfs back in the Rockies (Yellowstone). What was the last good thing you can remember that the Gov has done good or right? Why on earth would you put an anti hunter on a wildlife board? She is from the Humane Society? right? As far as I'm concerned they are no different then the likes of Peta. Try to hold on to your guns because it won't be long before they come after those next. Shoot high and shoot often.
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby spoonielips » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:43 am

After 40 years in ca, and working in sparks for over 15 years, I left. I will say we are in trouble guys. You see, all of us that adore to see our dog happier than us chasing birds, are bad people in their eyes. We could lose the right to hunt with dogs all together. Think of all the cripples we would lose! In ca, the bears are out of control. My brother is a warden there, and said that the biologists went to the board and said we need more bears taken(tags) so, the treehuggers found out, and filed suit with the state! THey then dropped the whole thing. Bears are adapting to follow the lions around and eat thier kill. It is NO challenge for a lion to kill a deer, so they just kill another. and another. So we still sell as many tags as we can in the general zones, for revenue... Jan 1st it all ends for hounds in ca. And for those who dont agree with hound hunting... Ask yourself how do you control an animal that is mostly nocturnal?? AND, weighs in at 300lbs+??? AND will eat anoything, garbage, carrion.. We release the dogs when the bear is in a bad spot, to get him closer to a road, or better spot to drag him or bone him out.. On a secondary note, Nevada has a great deer program, and it would go to crap if you took hounds out of the picture... Aout of control lions was the start of all of this in ca... I know i was all over with this post, but i am freeking pissed over it!!!!
spoonielips
hunter

Postby NVDuckHunter76 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 am

They are just trying to piggy back what CA just did on the use of dogs and bears. What a joke! I lived in Ca for 28 yrs and have hunted behind a pack of hounds for many types of animals. Hounds have their place! When CA banned the use of hounds for the pursuit of bear, it was a huge step backwards for the CA Houndsman/Sportsman. Hopefully, it will go nowhere here in NV.
HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!
NVDuckHunter76
hunter

Postby GETTER DONE » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Show your support to defeat this petition this Saturday at 8 am in Reno at the commission meeting.I will be there along with all my fellow houndsmen.
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
DRAKE WATERFOWL FIELD STAFF
PRECISION CALLS PRO STAFF MANAGER
GETTER DONE
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting