Who wanted some weather...?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Who wanted some weather...?

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 am

Sunday morning 1:40am power went out.............. came back on at 7:40am just in time for a cup of coffee.

Looks like the ducks might get stirred up with this weather coming down the track.............

Hope anyone in south Sparks is on high ground...........with the flood stage set at +4 feet later today.

Be safe.
Sagebrush
hunter

Re: Who wanted some weather...?

Postby creationchris » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm

NEED SOME COLD!!! Them birds up north will NOT leave until it starts to freeze !! The lower klamath/Tule lake area is holding a $hitload of birds and they will stay all winter if it don't freeze!!! Nice to have a little nasty weather though to get the local birds moving around. :smile: :smile:
creationchris
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

True story but def saw some new birds this weekend. Hopefully they get a few solid cold days and send em our way!
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Sagebrush, Hunted Greenhead this weekend and had a good shoot but need a good freeze and thaw to move some new Northerns down. The reason I say this is because my buddy and I both shot banded greenheads and both were banded at Carson lake. It's always nice to shoot birds with jewelry but I would prefer they be from Alberta or some where up north. Shoot high and shoot often.
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby creationchris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Highscrapper wrote:Hi Sagebrush, Hunted Greenhead this weekend and had a good shoot but need a good freeze and thaw to move some new Northerns down. The reason I say this is because my buddy and I both shot banded greenheads and both were banded at Carson lake. It's always nice to shoot birds with jewelry but I would prefer they be from Alberta or some where up north. Shoot high and shoot often.
Highscrapper

I shot a banded hen mallard this weekend as well. It was a year and a half old and was banded at GH back in 2011. Curious to know if she migrated at all or spent the entire last two winters at carson lake...... :huh:

On a side note, I read an article about a duck that had a gps transmitter on it and it went from MO to LA ( Louisiana) round trip 4 times in one winter.
creationchris
hunter

Postby Goosecrazy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Definately ready for a hard freezehere and up north. Bring northern birds in and push the birds into feeding in fields.
Goosecrazy
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting