Big news for NV Waterfowl...

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Big news for NV Waterfowl...

Postby Ryan Hill » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I posted this on another forum, so if you've seen it then let everyone else have a guess at it :thumbsup: I took this photo two weeks ago and in it is a duck that has never before been seen in Nevada. I've been in contact with the NV Bird Records Committee and they're saying my sighting is the first one that they've ever received for endorsement. Pretty exciting stuff for Nevada waterfowl!
Attachments
BlackDucksmaller.jpg
Ryan Hill
hunter

Re: Big news for NV Waterfowl...

Postby Highscrapper » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Ryan Hill, I looked over the photo and noticed two birds right off the bat. The first is the black duck in the center right and the other is the widgeon in the lower right. My first guess is the black duck and the second guess would be widgeon. The widgeon of course would have to be a Eurasian widgeon. I have shot a couple of Eurasian widgeon one in the Sac valley and the other at Honey lake. So the guess is black duck! Nice photo.
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby creationchris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Id say the black one as well. However, If ya go to lampe park in G ville you will find many that look similar to that!!!!
creationchris
hunter

Postby creationchris » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Id say the black one as well. However, If ya go to lampe park in G ville you will find many that look similar to that!!!!
creationchris
hunter

Postby Ryan Hill » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Haha those ones might be just a tiny bit different Chris, being that this one can fly! :lol: Anyway, Black Duck was the answer. I'm pretty excited to have been lucky enough to catch him on the camera. And even more excited to see the Bird Records Committee endorse it as the first ever!
Ryan Hill
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:12 am

Way cool Ryan. I saw what I thought was a Eurasian Widgeon but thought I remembered seeing a post about someone taking a few of those last season.

Nice work!
Morning Flight
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting