Bad feathers good fins W PICS

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Bad feathers good fins W PICS

Postby Yard Goose » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Well I should be in full hunting mode.. After today... not so Ducky anymore.. Duckn And Honkn been up and down.. No weather and then a lot of water was good and bad.. Now the birds go everywhere on blue bird days.. But with the work effort involved on hunting lease's I need to be hunting.. But with the report of glassy Tahoe for two days in a row of no pulling the trigger.. Plus the $1200 dollars put into the boat.. Tbelt, impeller, etc... I wanted to make sure she still ran... She did the day before the service. Little motor tbelt a little tight but everything worked like a charm..

All that and no birds!!!!! :huh: :mad:

So the day starts off at three thirty in the morn with seventyfive goose decoys and twenty ducks.. To the flooded feild we go for Nadda.. Two days in a row.. Get a call from FishonZac that Tahoe is flat.. Funny... there was a Lake wind Advisory.. So The wife and I pack it up and head home to switch trucks and hook the boat up.. Arrived at Cave Rock right before noon to a SW breeze which was not coming from the NE as predicted.. Back to my Famous Marla Bay... Down goes Rapals and needlefish with a touch of fingernail polish... Pounding bottom in oneforty.. Not expecting much I watch the rod with the needlefish pop off. I had problems with that clip before.. Oh well. Get up to go over to reset and the rod buckles over and takes off.. Fortyfive minutes later this twenty plus Mac came to the Boat.

I have a new outlook during duck season.. Hunt when the weathers at its worst and fish on the glass days.. Only while Duck season is a go.. After duck season closes no matter what the weather is, as long as the gate is open... I'm there weather or not I have big enough balls to launch the boat.. What a Trophy. My wife actually let me have this one.. Since she seems to always end up in the saddle. Guys my bride couldn't even pick the net up out of the water.. Enjoy everyone.. :thumbsup:

A True Big Tahoe Trophy.. :bow: :grooving:

One more pic.. Don't keep the Trophies so much anymore.. Gonna Have Family over tonight.. Oh no that means inlaws!!! :-[

Last Sunday's Down poor Duck results for those of you that Hunt. The Wife and I shot our brains out and only connected eight times.. Something to do with hurricane winds and steel shot.. :fingerhead:

Happy Holidays !!!!!!
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: Bad feathers good fins W PICS

Postby amink » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 am

WOW! Awesome fish! The biggest I've ever pulled out of Tahoe is about 5 pounds. Still tastes amazing!
amink
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Whoa Baby....................... thats a huge laker right there !!
Nothing like more great pictures for the album.

I have a friend that puts teriaki sauce on the Mc's and into the oven for a nice meal..............
I sometimes toss a can of stewed tomatoes inside and around them in a pyrex,for the oven,covered with foil.

Looking good.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Had some family go up and use my place in the Owens Valley last weekend...no ducks around, so they fished...and slayed them.
I think you're on to something.
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks Guys... Nothing playing in Cold Tahoe Water.... Apparently The Big Monsters where on the prowl this weekend.. Looks like the weather might be getting ducky.. Wish I didn't have to work.. Thurs looks promising.. Sun as well.. I hope for a ocean on Tahoe so then that would give us weather down here. Let alone kick off all the birds using that body of water...
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Yardgoose was right the big lakers were the prowl! I decided I wanted to fish on Sunday but the lake advisories kept me from going early. I called my buddy who lives on the lake and he was like what no the lake is flat perfect for fishing. I pass Jon on the way up he gets there shortly after I do. I just got done setting minnow traps and am toplining when his wife calls mine and says pick up your gear Jon;s counter is out 1000 feet. By the time we got there jon had the monster in the net. I was happy for him but sooooooooooooooooo jelous. I couldn't sleep all night (thanks jon) so I get up early and head to the ramp at O dark thirty. I pulled a small one about 5 pounds get reset make the next turn then whammy. Fought this hog for about 20 minutes my personal best on Tahoe. I was doing the one man net dance. The fish gods were looking down on Jon and I! Image
Last edited by fishonzac on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishonzac
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 am

Wow. Nice work Yardgoose and Zac. You two are on the money with those two!
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanx guys.. Zac what a beast.. Got wind that there are some snows in my lease area.. Hope they will hang out for a couple more days.... Lookn like time to hit the Hot Springs!!!! :grooving:
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby creationchris » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Yard Goose wrote:Thanx guys.. Zac what a beast.. Got wind that there are some snows in my lease area.. Hope they will hang out for a couple more days.... Lookn like time to hit the Hot Springs!!!! :grooving:

Waiting for my phone to ring.............
creationchris
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting