Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mason Honkers Update

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Morning Flight 
#1 ·
The honks are there!!!!! prob saw 2000 geese on Sat. hod three groups decoy and put em down. W/fishonzac

ow yah Band Alert!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good job on smackin :hammer: I went out to my spot to scout just south of you guys today was way to tired from yesterdays hunt to pull decoys and yes lots of birds seen three groups land in this one area so I said what the hell walked over and run them off and sit 20 mins go by and a group comes in and I got 2 and woofed my triple :huh: so then I am coming home driving by washoe and at bellevue Geese are buzzing allover and the usual hunters are there so I pull in the north side to see if I can spot some pockets down that far and some quail run out of a guys yard and under the fence and I get out run them to the hunting boudary and got 4 of them :lol3: awsome for not expecting to even pull the trigger so rest assured I will be heading south in the near future :lol: Goose Some of it is controlled hunt from like Thanksgiving on I don't know all the fields that you cannot hunt on but you can call I know they planted wheat in some of the fields close to the entrance that are public

#6 ·
So for my late response Nelly and I put the hurt on the geese! We were a little late setting up 7 am and by 7:30 we had our first group of 4 drop right in on top of us out of the fog. of Course we dropped the hammer and folded three of them. We figured might as well get in the layouts and any group under then the massive 150 plus worked right in. We limited for both of us and Nelly shot himself a band to boot!

Oh Yeah Silent how do you know where we were at there wasnt another car/person/vehicle in sight for miles :huh:

Attachments

#12 ·
Moose14 said:
Hope you guys like competition out there now. You should never post that you shot geese at mason in a field that isn't on the controlled hunt area. I grew up in yerington and I'm 99% on which field you hunted
I'll agree with that. Its like giving GPS coordinates out to a public hunt area. :fingerhead: Everyone will be all over it.

#14 ·
Moose14 said:
Hope you guys like competition out there now. You should never post that you shot geese at mason in a field that isn't on the controlled hunt area. I grew up in yerington and I'm 99% on which field you hunted
Way to couch hunt there buddy! Good for you I hope you enjoy your drive up from Rocklin and since you grew up in Yerington think you would have some private fields!

#17 ·
Yard Goose said:
No snows.. They landed in a field next to us.. But we pulled two limits in one round.. Two Triples.... Will report shortly with pics.. Snows are still there.. Sat I will choose the right field....... :bow:
Ok Ok I know your just rubbing it in :mad: One of these days I will pull the all illusive triple but great job that is about 12 flying beef fritters right? :lol:

#20 ·
Goosecrazy said:
Nice! :thumbsup:

Is that the controled hunt at the wildlife area. I was looking at the hunt results on NDOW site. And they are pathetic so far.
creationchris said:
NO, PUBLIC AREA
And the title is mason honker update....

You're the one that narrowed it down. The only reason I know where that was is because I've scouted that entire place and I know where the birds go/will go....not because you think I "couch scout." Maybe my earlier post was said in an incorrect manner, I do have family land where I go hunt my own geese so I'm not here to steal your spot. I honestly hope you guys get more and shoot limits. I was just warning of what info you put out there because there's people lurking to see where they should go hunt. I apologize if you think I blasted your 'spot'.

#22 ·
No worries to me we hammered them hard there and I'm sure they will stay away from that field for awhile! Another limit down and time to move on to another spot. It would be great to meet people on the boards that put in the time between themselves and their friends instead of couch scouting. However just so you know a good majority of the birds fly to private fields.

#23 ·
This is why i post very little here. There is way to much crying and bitching. Get over it if someone wants to sit on the computer and hope to find birds by reading these posts let them try. I promise all of us who work to find our birds could post almost exactly where we were when we killed them and if the person reading it hasnt put in any work on their own they are not gonna kill ****. So like yardgoose said, go out kill your birds, we should all be rooting for each other.

I hope everyone kills some birds and has a great christmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.