Quick limits w/pics

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Quick limits w/pics

Postby Yard Goose » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm

I got a phone call from an old friend asking if I was huntn this last weekend. I told him but of course, and your in luck cuz the wife is staying home. Our daughter just turned two so she stayed home to play with all the new toys. Anyhow, we set up in a field that just looked like it was going to be the perfect spot for them snows... Time goes by... and by.. and bang here come a nice flock of geese. oh look there are the snows!! What do they do... land in the field next to us.. ok here come another flock, all canadian though. They circled and came and landed right with us. We both popped up and BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG...BANG!!!! Both of us trippled right out the gate!!! No snows this weekend but next weekend we will choose the right field! All you couch hunters knock your hearts out.. This is all private land leased by my sweat and blood..... Love it!!!!! :bow:

Tripples for two!!!

Quick limits.. Drake is lookn at those snows.....
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: Quick limits w/pics

Postby fishonzac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Way to whack em' Jonny the snows are ours this weekend! Maybe we will film it and put exact coordinates to your private lease! Haha :beer:
fishonzac
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks Zac.. Hope I pick the right field.. Snows first then honkers.. If this weather holds well its gonna be off the hook.. Had to do a service call to a ranch here in Gardnerville.. Same place I have leased.. Saw double the snows then on Sat.. :eek: And the Honkers were in there thick.. Ohhh please stay there all week agian.. Please.. :help: Thanx for all the views.. Friday here yet????? :huh:
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Come on Friday! I will check it out again tomorrow morning before work but the weather looks like its going to be about the same! Snow, rain, wind broken for a day then all over again. Heck if it snows we could just lay right in the snow covers. Man I want to bang some snows I don't see them around here much ever what a bonus that would be!
fishonzac
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm surprised the snows are staying so long in your fields, time to put the :hammer: down. How many deeks do you think you'll use?
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm

huntfishnv wrote:I'm surprised the snows are staying so long in your fields, time to put the :hammer: down. How many deeks do you think you'll use?

That makes the both of us!!! Might be the same group or not.. They are with a group of thirty plus honkers. Last Saturday when that group came over I had 53 full bodies.. They still locked up and pilled into the field with the bulls.. Pissed me off. :huh: :mad: :mad: But a group of twenty minutes later come over us and over them and locked up with us and it was done.. I think its because my buddy feeds the cattle hot.. Oat and wheat hays.. Alot of grains this year at his place.. This Weekend I'm pilln all 100 Full Bodies and mabye make shift some snow bodies.. Any ideas cause I'm kinda tapped out with the purchase of my wife's new berreta? :help:
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm

get out the plastic bags I'd like to see if that works. Honker story for ya that made me laugh some buddies serious hunters for geese had a bunch pass for the feeding and went elsewhere and about 3 hrs later they came to rest they pulled all the heads off and stakes or feet and set them on the ground :lol3: 4 guys all limited never know what will work I suppose :hammer: Good luck no matter which way ya go have fun :beer:
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby nelly5000 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am

Hell yah yardhonker!!!!! Lovin the dub triple :bow: No triples yet for me this year! Way to put them down.

My plan this weekend green on sat, honks on sun!!! Keep up the yardsales on those geese
nelly5000
hunter

Postby Goosecrazy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:27 am

Very nice. Way to put the smack down on the geese.
Goosecrazy
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 am

SIL3NT T3 wrote:get out the plastic bags I'd like to see if that works. Honker story for ya that made me laugh some buddies serious hunters for geese had a bunch pass for the feeding and went elsewhere and about 3 hrs later they came to rest they pulled all the heads off and stakes or feet and set them on the ground :lol3: 4 guys all limited never know what will work I suppose :hammer: Good luck no matter which way ya go have fun :beer:

The wife likes that idea instead of spray paint and some wood..
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 am

Nells Yard Goose.. We don't honk. We make a noise that will ring your ears...... Is it Sat yet?????????? Will look today to see if they are all still there nice and cozy!!! :wink:
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey Jon sorry I didnt call figured you didnt have your phone at work. All the canadians were still in there looked to me like 100 or more hard to tell didn't want to stop and start glassing. The snows were in there good too the most of I have seen and I am pretty sure I saw 6-8 of your favorite little critters waddling around in the field! haha :beer:
fishonzac
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh yeah and I have heard the garbage bag idea but I think after a few days of being with the honkers they will come right in! Looks like snow snow snow for us all weekend!
fishonzac
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Nels I can check with Chris and Thorn but check before you go to GH might be pretty froze its only getting colder and shittier! Could be our secret river spot in Carson City wink wink when things freeze up you know what I mean! Got to throw the internet scouters off!
fishonzac
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm

So many Geese in there.. They are also in the Hot Springs!!!!!!!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Jon we got it dialed Saturday no hot springs I want to hit some snow and they were on the so heaven today and yesterday. I will call you on my way out tomo and let you know where they are.
fishonzac
hunter

Postby CanvasbackCmndr » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:24 am

Ok, so here is the economy way to get it done with snows. Buy about 200-300 small trash bags along with an equal amount of metal coat hangers. Then straighten out the metal hook end of the coat hanger, round out the other end of the hanger then place the white bag over the hanger, use the metal tie provided with the bags to secure the bag and use the straightened end as a stake. I have killed hundreds of snows using this method over the years.
CanvasbackCmndr
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Good Idea.....
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Too much work I like the idea hopefully they just come right in
fishonzac
hunter

Postby nelly5000 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Umm yard(snow)goose the world ends tomorrow.... just sayin. if you need to find me ill be in a cave out by the ranchoes hahaha.

white trash bags work like a charm, i dont care what anyone says.

good luck on the hunt Sat !!!!! i wanna see some black tip pics. im going for 7 green and yellow for sat.

God speed my friends!!!!!! 12/21/12 lol
nelly5000
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting