NDOW vessel Aquatic Invasive Speices decal?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

NDOW vessel Aquatic Invasive Speices decal?

Postby Albifrons » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 pm

I just got a letter in the mail today to renew my motorized boat registration. Says starting now, I need an additional $10 sticker for invasive aquatics. That's fine.

BUT, it also says I need a $5 sticker for all unmotorized vessels. Criminy, I have 6 different non-motorized boats. Some I use as blinds (i.e., no boat areas at Stillwater). If I float down the truckee to look at the bikini girls, do I need a sticker on my inner tube?

I'll call them tomorrow. But, make sure you get it for your motor boat (even though current registration is good until end of duck season).
Albifrons
hunter

Re: NDOW vessel Aquatic Invasive Speices decal?

Postby Yard Goose » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Deal with all that on Tahoe with my big boat.. Its only money....
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Just another tax! It's only money! Yardgoose makes it sound like it grows on trees. I don't know about you but I hate taxes of any sort! Some of these aquatic species are transported via larva stage, did you ever think that a duck with down feathers might spread them to there next destination? Just some food for thought. When I started duck hunting a $5 federal stamp was required and $1 California, Nevada didn't even have one until 1979. I'm not saying conservation isn't good but B.S. taxes suck. Gun taxes are next just wait and see. I'm taxed enough already, oh, did you license you OHV this year? What are these taxes really going to do? Supply a job to a $10 an hour college grad for checking for bugs? Get real!
Highsraper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby wackinstack2007 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Amen highscrapper
wackinstack2007
hunter

Postby creationchris » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Highscrapper wrote:Just another tax! It's only money! Yardgoose makes it sound like it grows on trees. I don't know about you but I hate taxes of any sort! Some of these aquatic species are transported via larva stage, did you ever think that a duck with down feathers might spread them to there next destination? Just some food for thought. When I started duck hunting a $5 federal stamp was required and $1 California, Nevada didn't even have one until 1979. I'm not saying conservation isn't good but B.S. taxes suck. Gun taxes are next just wait and see. I'm taxed enough already, oh, did you license you OHV this year? What are these taxes really going to do? Supply a job to a $10 an hour college grad for checking for bugs? Get real!
Highsraper

Go check out all the lakes back east.....if thats what ya want our lakes to look like then fine, don't support that tax. I'm all for it.
creationchris
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm

I did talk to NDOW today and they confirmed. Everythimg but innertubes!

I was hoping they woudl include innrtubes so there were bikini inspections too! :mad:
Albifrons
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Highscrapper wrote:Just another tax! It's only money! Yardgoose makes it sound like it grows on trees. I don't know about you but I hate taxes of any sort! Some of these aquatic species are transported via larva stage, did you ever think that a duck with down feathers might spread them to there next destination? Just some food for thought. When I started duck hunting a $5 federal stamp was required and $1 California, Nevada didn't even have one until 1979. I'm not saying conservation isn't good but B.S. taxes suck. Gun taxes are next just wait and see. I'm taxed enough already, oh, did you license you OHV this year? What are these taxes really going to do? Supply a job to a $10 an hour college grad for checking for bugs? Get real!
Highsraper

I think you are correct, but maybe bump that to $15.36/hour.............
Albifrons
hunter

Postby creationchris » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:41 am

creationchris wrote:
Highsraper

Go check out all the lakes back east.....if thats what ya want our lakes to look like then fine, don't support that tax. The clarity of the lake (tahoe) has a direct impact on me earning a living. I'm all for it. The inspectors in tahoe have stopped several vessels with quagga muscle from entering the lake. It does work! Their wages on the other hand are a bit much!! They make close to $16/hr!! I do however think that it should NOT be necessary for any vessel that does not have a bilge !! That seems pointless.

To your thought on ducks carrying the larva. The Larva will die if not in water. Impossible. This is why they look to make sure that your bilges are drained and DRY!
creationchris
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Creationchris, The clarity from Tahoe will always be on the decline until they put the filter back in use. You being a duck hunter should agree fully. The filter I'm talking about is the Tahoe Keys, this is the lakes lowest spot and a wetland at that. This is where the lake actually cleans itself via, cattails, and other aquatic plants. Being a Tahoe native I have personally seen the decline myself despite all the bureaucratic hoopla. (TRPA). Sure checking boats will delay the infestation but honestly do you think it will stop it? We already have an infestation of Asian Clams. Don't believe everything the Gov tells you. Have the Tahoe Conservancy start buying up the lots in the Tahoe keys and return it to a wetland and watch what happens. Tahoe could actually support hunting on the South Shore if the Keys were never built. As we always know it's about the dollar and nothing else!
Merry Christmas,
Highscraper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby fishonzac » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Go take a look down by Zephyr Cove Beach and Nevada beach in about twent feet of water and the bottom is littered with Asian Clams its a bad deal. Inspections suck I agree but without them it wouldn't take to long to really hurt the clarity and the fisheries.
fishonzac
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I believe in taking care of what we have and preserving it however these things never stop what they are intended for. Example took my boat to clear lake 3 years ago guy at bait shop done my inspection sat at the register looked out at the boat charged me $10.00 and gave me the permit I could had a boat full of invasive creatures and he would not know.

This country lacks integrity in the biggest way our infastructure spends way to much and just does not care about results I could go on and on with example after example. So to want the tax because of the good they say will do is a noble gesture to not want the tax cause most of us know what it won't do is also a valid argument.

As far as Tahoe key being open to waterfowl I have hunted waterfowl for 3 years now and have seen the biggest slobs any group of people could have now before I get all of you steamed up :mad: I'm not saying everyone but you must agree that at some point and time you have come across a pile of shell casings water bottles etc. I have the philosophy pack out more than you brought in if the majority of us pick up the slack all of this will work to our and earths benefit.

Ive knocked on doors and asked to hunt private land #1 reply No you guys litter allover and cut fences. I have 2 spots I hunt private right now and I pack out more than I take in

In closing this does not mean stop caring if they say you have to pay you have to pay but damit when they don't do the job then cause some rucus maybe if a few more really cared it could turn into the majority

Merry Christmas :beer: T3
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:57 am

Albifrons wrote:I just got a letter in the mail today to renew my motorized boat registration. Says starting now, I need an additional $10 sticker for invasive aquatics. That's fine.

BUT, it also says I need a $5 sticker for all unmotorized vessels. Criminy, I have 6 different non-motorized boats. Some I use as blinds (i.e., no boat areas at Stillwater). If I float down the truckee to look at the bikini girls, do I need a sticker on my inner tube?

I'll call them tomorrow. But, make sure you get it for your motor boat (even though current registration is good until end of duck season).

I just opened my registrations and the way I read it it say without a motor you may purchase and display a $5.00 decal it does not say you must like the motorized can anyone clarify if this is an option
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby creationchris » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 am

Highscrapper wrote:Creationchris, The clarity from Tahoe will always be on the decline until they put the filter back in use. You being a duck hunter should agree fully. The filter I'm talking about is the Tahoe Keys, this is the lakes lowest spot and a wetland at that. This is where the lake actually cleans itself via, cattails, and other aquatic plants. Being a Tahoe native I have personally seen the decline myself despite all the bureaucratic hoopla. (TRPA). Sure checking boats will delay the infestation but honestly do you think it will stop it? We already have an infestation of Asian Clams. Don't believe everything the Gov tells you. Have the Tahoe Conservancy start buying up the lots in the Tahoe keys and return it to a wetland and watch what happens. Tahoe could actually support hunting on the South Shore if the Keys were never built. As we always know it's about the dollar and nothing else!
Merry Christmas,
Highscraper

You are correct about the keys, but realistic? NO! I know many oldtimers up here who used to hunt the keys area and Taylor creek wetland but even if they returned it to a wet land, it would be off limits to hunting because of the "Lake valley firearms protection zone"
creationchris
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Stupid Zone... So many Birds sittn in the middle of that big water.. Secert Cove??? Skunk Harbor??? No people no houses... :yes:
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby creationchris » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 am

ALSO-- Clarity of the Lake INCREASED 4 ft last year. :huh:
creationchris
hunter

Postby wackinstack2007 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm

I do believe its a must to get that 5$ tag its just saying for ur convenience u may purchace this tag on ndowlicensing.com
wackinstack2007
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting