A Merry Goosey Christmas w/pics

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

A Merry Goosey Christmas w/pics

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:40 pm

The wife and I headed out on Saturday morning in hopes that weather would work in our favor. We set our goose decoys up in the rain and sat and waited... Flock after flock poured in right before our eyes!!! Ummm... Only one problem. They are all landing down at the other end of the field!! Nooooo! We had no way to walk up on them without them flaring, so we relaeased the dog in hopes that they would fly our way... Nope!! Away they went.. More time passed and the rain stopped and the ducks dropped into our decoys.. Bang bang bang, the wife and I slaughtered the five drakes that came in and one hen, leaving one lonely hen to fly off in the distance. More geese came and did the same as before as well as land in the field next to us... when just as it started to turn all white, three came over us and bang...no witnesses to leave!! Good day for the wife and I.
Both of us feeling a little under the weather, decided it would probably be a good idea to take a day off, so Sunday we stayed in.

When the decoys start to look like this, I guess it's time to pick them up

Before the snow covered our decoys... Mine and the wifes take home...

Monday, Christmas Eve, Thedriller came down and joined me for a morning of goose hunting. His son was supposed to join as well, but decided not to come. I'm pretty sure though, after dad came home with his taking for the day, his son probably wished he would have gone!!! One chance of a flock of five and Nate and I dropped them like flies!! Awesome morning, thanks Nate for coming down to join me!
Not to bad for one round with Thedriller...

Christmas day we stayed home and spent the day with the kids and family. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: A Merry Goosey Christmas w/pics

Postby Thedriller » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks Jon for inviting me. I had a great time and cant wait to do it again. As soon as I got home my 3 yr old daughter came running out of the house to see what I got.

First time holding a dead goose and not affraid of it. Now my oldesy boy wants to go. Imagine that. Again thanks Jon for taking me out.
Its the only job you start at the top and work your way to the bottom
Thedriller
hunter

Postby Yard Goose » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.. Sat. should of been just as good but it wasn't.. Geese still pilln in.. What to do?? Also know its time to catch a Monster Mac.... Thinkn of a Donner Snow camp trip this weekend..
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm

So that's what you settled in on for snow goose decoys :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I like it Nice shoot :thumbsup:
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting