#30 bites the dust

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

#30 bites the dust

Postby Old Duck Getter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 pm

This afternoon, after work, I shot my 30th. yote for the year. I think with the warmer weather we are having it won't be much longer and the fur won't be sellable. That doesn't mean I'll quite as it will be time for the wildlife (birds,deer, lopers and such) to have their young and these dogs can wipeout out a lot in a short time. Also have 21 fox to add to the count. Sure is a good way to pass the time (most hunts have been 2 hours or less) with not having ducks to chase. I'll be trying some new country as it is getting slim close to home. I'm hoping to get enough for the fur this year to put new tires on the old Nissan, a few fishing trips and some new decoys. With the work requirered to get the fur ready to sell this might be my last year for selling (I'm 65 now and have been doing this for a lot of years). If I deside not to hunt next year I'll have a bunch of streacher and fleshing board for sale, if anyone is interested in getting started.I'll still hunt them but not on the scale I'm been on the last few years. Hope all of you have ben having as much fun as I've had since duck season has closed.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Re: #30 bites the dust

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Nice get em gone lemme know next time you go may be interested if you would like a tag along haven't touched a gun since the closer I usually start in august to september when the younguns aren't to bright
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby Mike Callian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Old, you killing Kit Foxes? I sure miss hunting predators back there.
Mike Callian
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Mike, 13 kit! I found a spot that has a lot of gray's. The gray's have been coming right at dark and coming on the run like they are starving, not holding back like they do in California.

Terry, next time I plan on going I'll call you. Most times it is just a spur of the moment thing. I'll call next week and we'll set something up.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Postby Mike Callian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:07 pm

That sounds like a good time! We have red fox here, and the few times I have tried calling for them I haven't been very successful
Mike Callian
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:11 pm

Didn't I read that state was enacting a bounty on coyotes in Nevada? Or maybe it was Utah, or both.

Is that true?
Bill Herian
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting