Armed and Safe CC class

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Armed and Safe CC class

Postby greenheadfallon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 am

My dad and I are taking this class on Sunday. Anybody here have anything good or bad to say about this particular class? We're both trying to qualify on a semi auto and a revolver. Anything special we should know? Any feedback is appreciated!
Hooked on Quack
greenheadfallon
hunter

Re: Armed and Safe CC class

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Let us know how it went and where it was held.

My daughter in law wanted to get a carry permit for her 38 snub.

I heard that it was a lot of study and safty stuff, then time on the range................and I think the holster
you plan to use is needed also? Maybe not if they just want to see if you can shoot the gun in a safe manor?

Good luck.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby greenheadfallon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am

Its being held in Scheels and we shoot at Eagle Canyon about 10 miles away. Ill report how it went tomorrow night!
Hooked on Quack
greenheadfallon
hunter

Postby greenheadfallon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

The class was pretty good. Lots of safety involved. They went over holster choices but didnt require the one you planned on using. Spent a good amount of time on when its legal to use force and different scenarios. Range time was 30 rounds for a semi auto and 25 for a revolver. They say keep all shots on the center paper but some people didnt but as long as you took advice from the instructors and were safe they got passed. Had the 2 main teachers on the range as well as 3 ex LE and military instructors. The main portion of the class was taught by a woman, Kelly. She was great and was very clear on what she said. It was about 50/50 men and women. I would definitely recommend this class. It was held in scheels and we shot at the Pyramid range.
Hooked on Quack
greenheadfallon
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting