Fishing Washoe Lake

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Fishing Washoe Lake

Postby NVDuckSlapper » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Im looking in to fishing washoe lake tomorrow for some catfish or possibly Sacramento perch. Ive never caught either in washoe but NDOW has both species listed, and I was confused on if they are talking about little washoe or big washoe. I was wondering if anyone has fished for those species out at washoe and if they have I would like some advice. Thanks, Walker.
"Federal Tax Refund. Three beautiful words that could easily be turned into three other beautiful words: floating goose decoys."
NVDuckSlapper
hunter

Re: Fishing Washoe Lake

Postby Yard Goose » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Carp and wipers.. Cats used to be good till she dried up in the early 90s. Hope that helps.. Think the deepest spot is over by the park.. Have many memories of walking across it.
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Re: Fishing Washoe Lake

Postby NVDuckSlapper » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks, I ended up catching one catfish on southshore by wading out and ended up shooting a carp with my bow. I wouldn't recommend heading out there for fishing, but I assume you already know that.
"Federal Tax Refund. Three beautiful words that could easily be turned into three other beautiful words: floating goose decoys."
NVDuckSlapper
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting