New to Fallon

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

New to Fallon

Postby kbader » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:56 pm

I am new to hunting Fallon, and new to waterfowl hunting (started last season) and I am planning on going to greenhead for opener. I was just looking for a little info on what to expect out there opening morning. How many people usually go out there? Any info helps thanks.
kbader
Newb

Re: New to Fallon

Postby blitzline » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:31 pm

expect a lot of people and no water! I would wear body armor and bullet proof your blind.
blitzline
hunter

Postby creationchris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah not to be a downer but this probably isn't the best opening weekend to be starting out at greenhead--- I heard that come friday, he might have a limit on how many people get to go in. Would suck to be waiting in line for several hours and not get to go in!! But ultimately, with the water issue-- they should limit the number of ppl, for the sake of the sport.
creationchris
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Ya. That doesn't surprise me Chris. But lets face it, it's probably for the sake of the sport and the safety of all the hunters! Steel rain comin your way!
Morning Flight
hunter

Postby creationchris » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 am

I'm skipping this wknd---first time in a while.
creationchris
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm

New to Fallabama, do yourself a favor and go hunt the shoreline at Walker lake! It's pretty much all public but the Military zone on the south side and the Indian reservation on the northeast side. If that's not your cup of joe? than head over to Mason valley state wildlife area and pick a pond w/nobody on it. You still came hunt the Carson river and or the Truckee river for that fact. The birds need water and the last time I checked all these areas have water and I have shot ducks at all of these areas. If you insist on going to Greenhead on the opener just look for green tules and throw out some blocks the birds will be there and every other fouler.
Shoot often and good luck,
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Postby Highscrapper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 pm

New to Fallabama, do yourself a favor and go hunt the shoreline at Walker lake! It's pretty much all public but the Military zone on the south side and the Indian reservation on the northeast side. If that's not your cup of joe? than head over to Mason valley state wildlife area and pick a pond w/nobody on it. You still came hunt the Carson river and or the Truckee river for that fact. The birds need water and the last time I checked all these areas have water and I have shot ducks at all of these areas. If you insist on going to Greenhead on the opener just look for green tules and throw out some blocks the birds will be there and every other fouler.
Shoot often and good luck,
Highscrapper
Highscrapper
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting