Mason Valley

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Mason Valley

Postby Moose14 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 pm

So I had set out this morning to scout and find the ducks out at mason. I heard they were pumping from the wells so I was curious as to where and found they were filling up a pond that already had water. After a little while I realized that it wasn't about trying to find the ducks...I was just trying to find water! Looks like they were filling up a pond that already had water but not any new ponds. I've hunted the opener at mason for a long time and have always seen enough water to handle everyone hunting the opener. What I saw today was a little scary. If just a fraction of the guys that hunt Stillwater go to mason it's going to be interesting. If you want any other details drop a PM.
Wader Up
Moose14
hunter

Re: Mason Valley

Postby pskaggs » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:55 am

Might be a good year to renew my love-hate relationship with chukar & quail.
"If you fail to teach discipline to your kids or dogs, you condemn them to a lifetime of being disliked by others." Marty Skaggs
pskaggs
hunter

Postby huntfishnv » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Sounds like a bad situation in nv this year.
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.

Un-expect the expected
huntfishnv
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Hello,
I live in Southern Nevada and am wondering what the water situation is like in Mason Valley. Has it improved and have they begun adding water. Looking to come up and don't want to waste my money or gas or time if there is no water. I have a buddy who has been up there before when there was water. He had good hunts. Just wondering if anyone could update this post and give the current status. I'm not looking for the sweet spots, or asking anyone where to hunt or give up any guarded secrets, I know I will have to scout and gather my own information as to where I will believe the so called X SPOT will be. I just want to know if there is water up there.
Thanks for any updated info anyone could provide.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Postby blitzline » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 pm

I think the water is still the same as opener. It didn't seem like there was any more water there last weekend then the opener
blitzline
hunter

Postby Moose14 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:25 pm

They've been pumping water. Only thing is they pump into one pond, and when that fills it goes to the next and the next. Takes a long time considering most ponds are bone dry when they usually have water year around. Scout it out and you could find a good little honey hole with 3-6" of fresh water.
Wader Up
Moose14
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:13 am

Hello ,
Thank you for the replies and the info. Much appreciated. Will make the trip and see what happens.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting