Duck Hunting Forum banner

Stillwater update

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyrtruion 
#1 ·
Has anyone been out to stillwater how is the water out
There any help would be great thanks

#2 ·
I usually don't post these scouting threads but I do realize it is a tough year more water than there was in early September but it is still 2 areas Tule and willow/millen in willow it has expanded I pulled a limit on Friday and lost 2 technically it was opening day. Today 3 birds with 4 left on the table considerably slower today and a hell of alot less hunters than Friday. Buck up and take a drive and be willing to hunt real time.

#3 ·
First time out to Stillwater this morning... I bet it's absolutely beautiful when it's full of water. I did find a spot tho, and missed a teal around 830... Missed another around 9... And about 1030 I was starting to wonder if I was the only one out there... Then I heard the shots. A volley of 6-7. Made me feel good that the place was in fact open. Now just rain/snow and it should be decent... Drove around for an hour and found the few areas with water. I like the parking compared to Cali refuges... Decent short walks everywhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.