places to hunt Around Las Vegas

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

places to hunt Around Las Vegas

Postby littleyellowlab » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Ok guys im not new to the forum ( well not in Oregon anyways) but I could us some help here, where are some places to go around the Henderson/vegas area? I heard of overton area and key pitman, but was wondering about the river?
another miss wow my perfect record is in no danger of being broken...
littleyellowlab
hunter

Re: places to hunt Around Las Vegas

Postby overton buster » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Yeah you can hunt the river...Overton sucks, key pittman can be okay...Then you have sunnyside, paranaghat, ash medows.....Good luck
overton buster
hunter

Re: places to hunt Around Las Vegas

Postby MuddyWaders » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:06 pm

If your used to hunting in Oregon then Southern Nevada will be an eye opener for you. All the places mentioned are tough hunts. That's just how it is in Southern Nevada, you have to work for your birds, meaning setting up early, humping decoys to your blind or spot, scouting, and let's face it, we are not in the path of a major flyway. Its slow at times and maybe after a whole day of hunting you may be only carrying back 3 birds and that's not because we are missing shots its just opportunities and birds just don't present themselves. Besides hot weather and many blue sky days don't help. Sometimes its just a waste of time, money, gas, and sleep. Just saying don't be disappointed if your looking to limit out by 9:00 AM and call it a day, because those days do come , just not very often. Good Luck
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting