Stillwater Reports?

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Stillwater Reports?

Postby nangMP » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 am

Went out last week and had a swan decoy, problem was I wasn't at the damn decoys. Got some buffle head out of the day though. Reports from the family are grim from this past weekend. One Group was out on Canvasback and didn't get anything, another group on the club got 2 spoons. One group on public land has been doing real good, almost limiting everytime. Another has been out there every week and hasn't gotten over three, mostly teal. So how is everyone else doing? Besides being drenched in sweat, that seems to be the same across the board due to warm weather.

A side note, I am limited to middle week hunts. So if anyone wants to tag along let me know. My usual partners hunt on the weekends. Going out Tuesday all day.
nangMP
hunter

Re: Stillwater Reports?

Postby corky569 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't know about stillwater, but the river is crap. Went Sunday, and never fired a shot. I sure hope we get some new birds!
corky569
hunter

Postby birdhunter3126 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:25 am

Nang Ill be out tuesday as well. I think I may have talked to you on saturday. anyway if you see a silver f150 say hi. good luck!
Its raining ducks
birdhunter3126
hunter

Postby nangMP » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:03 am

charcoal lifted f150 around tule. good luck
nangMP
hunter

Postby nangMP » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Lots of little ducks. Got 4 buffle that landed in the swan decoys. Swan, ya not so much. The same locals that I knew about. They know exactly where to hang. So smart they leave public lands around 5 every morning.
nangMP
hunter

Postby birdhunter3126 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 pm

lots of spoons and one group of pins where was
Its raining ducks
birdhunter3126
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:37 am

Sweet, local swans! They did good nesting out there this year?
Albifrons
hunter

Postby amink » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:32 am

Finally got out to Stillwater yesterday. Very sad to see so much dirt where there is usually water. USFWS has been hogging out landings (Rice's on Nutgrass has a nice channel now) and hopefully they'll be able to continue with landing/dike/channel repair and maybe burn out some of the overgrowth. Water at Tule, Millen, and Willow. There were actually quite a few rigs out and about but by 9:30 we saw folks packing up. Had one shot at a shoveler (first of the year!) and missed :huh: . Only heard two other shots while we were there. Saw only a few birds in the air. Some birds on the refuge by the campground/toilet.

We really need a push of weather from the north.
amink
hunter

Postby nangMP » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Lots of people during the week. been going on tuesday and wednesday for the last month and see about a half dozen trucks everytime. Thats just on tule! I walked out to one spot I usually save for later in the season and it's been used so much by other people that the brush and tulies are flatened. Heard from the family and they said that the usual club members that use public lands are all on the club which has that messed up. I think we have to face the fact that even with weather the birds are going somewhere else. Too many people, not enough water! This time last year me and my brother in law had shot dozens of birds, and filled two swan tags. Definitly can't say the same for this year!
nangMP
hunter

Postby nangMP » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 am

Reports from the family, again grim. Four on the club, two of which didn't take one shot. The other two got a mallard and bellie crawled to bag a swan, one of the locals that only hangs out on the club. four more were out on public lands and got 3; spoon, buffle, and ruddy. All reports say no new duck, and shoot time was pretty much over by 8

I'm headed out on tuesday again.
nangMP
hunter

Postby creationchris » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

There are birds my friend, and I'm not far from you. Just can't rely on the status quo that might have worked for ya last year. Got to get creative!! Go out and find em! I'm not sure if anyone was looking to the sky sat am but there were thousands of birds, way high, and big groups. Also, some new snows which is always a positive sign. Also, just a FYI~~ :fingerpt: :fingerpt: :hammer: :hammer: :huh: :huh: :no: :no: :mad: :mad: If I keep seeing as many people as Im seeing taking pass shots (skybusting ) at birds that are 75+ yards up, then all the birds are gonna get educated really quick and nobody is gonna shoot sh*t! Put down your extendend chokes and black cloud and take some pride in talking em in! :beer:
Attachments
photo-6.JPG
creationchris
hunter

Postby nangMP » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 am

looks good man. I'm not doing too bad this year, but the family and friends group have seen two weeks of busts. Don't know where they are going on public, have a feeling its up ear the north west tule boat ramp. During the week I have seen the birds, on the weekends I get the reports from them.

I know what you mean on sky busting. had a dozen geese comming into deeks already once this year and some guys off the end of the same area took the shot. They were committed too and the guys just couldnt let them go.
nangMP
hunter

Postby joesetum » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Went out there on sunday, shot 8 between my buddy and I. All divers with a spoonie, not desirable but was nice to get some birds at least. It seems like theres not much but local birds around out there, this weather is killing us
joesetum
Newb

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting