frenchman's lake

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

frenchman's lake

Postby untamed1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you out there have experience duck hunting Frenchman's? I want to know if it can be hunted by foot and if anyone can give me a general part of the lake to hunt I would really appreciate it. Also, does anyone know if you can purchase a one day license or day you have to purchase a two day license?

Thanks again,

Tim
Tim Brady
untamed1
hunter

Re: frenchman's lake

Postby pskaggs » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Tim,

Frenchman Lake is in California. Information about California licenses can be found at:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/hunting ... scrip.html

No doubt you are aware that you will also need a California duck stamp and a federal duck stamp if you are going to hunt ducks.
"If you fail to teach discipline to your kids or dogs, you condemn them to a lifetime of being disliked by others." Marty Skaggs
pskaggs
hunter

Postby untamed1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, thanks for link, I aware of all of the requirements. I mostly wanted to know if it could be hunted without a boat and if so, where?
Tim Brady
untamed1
hunter

Postby Tyrtruion » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

Hey Tim,

Frenchman was garbage last year except opening day. I can give you a more detailed explanation if you want. I hunt both Ca and Nv. And haven't even bothered going to Frenchman this year because how horrid it was last year. It is however great for fishing and there will be lots of people on little tube boats reeling them in pretty much making it unshootable.

Just my experience
Trust me. 8 hours in a pond with leaky waders, to not fire a single shot... Is still better than work.
Tyrtruion
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Don't bother unless you are an experienced sculler... Birds raft up in the middle and there is no way to get to them without a scull boat .
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting