change of pace!

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

change of pace!

Postby Old Duck Getter » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:54 am

Gave Duckman a call Saturday afternoon to see if he would like to go wet some fishing line. He was up for it! We meet a Denny's for some food before heading out. He brought his father-in-law along as he hadn't been fishing since he was a kid. Headed out for ICR to see if we could get our hands smelling fishy. Got to the lake about 7:30 and set things up. Before I could get my second line in we had fish on. We caught about 20 fish and keep 9 for the BBQ. I had a ball letting little kids catch some fish that I hooked. I think we got them hooked for life. They all had big smiles and were bragging how they landed their fish all by themselves.We had a guy that was setup next to use say" ItI get the next one you want to give up". We let his daughter land a coulpe and he said it was his turn. Left around 12:30 and made a coule of stops around Carson before heading home. Thanks for a great day Duckman and it was good to meet Bruce. Until next time out, hope you all have a great time this summer and get the kids out into the wilds. They'll never forget it.

old duck

ps: some day I'll buy another camera to get some pictures to post!
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Re: change of pace!

Postby Yard Goose » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 am

Glad to see that the wife and I aren't the only ones wetting lines.. :thumbsup: Closing shop early and going to go play in stampede for three days in the bad weather. Last Weekend my Daughter caught a 8 pound Tahoe Royal Silver Side. :eek: Big Native Tahoe Bow. Will post pics at the end of weekend.. Nothing like watching kids get fishy... :bow:
Let Wads Fly And Feathers Fall!!
Yard Goose
hunter

Postby greenheadfallon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:23 am

I can't wait to wet some lines! Heading to the Ruby marsh in August with my dad. Hoping the bite is on!
Hooked on Quack
greenheadfallon
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:18 am

That water has been very good to us last year and the start of this year.
Here is a picture take up there on 3/18/2014.........plus a 2nd dump of fingerlings by a second truck!!

There are some fat 16" plus hold overs from last year, also. You might try.....
finaddicts.com or .us (?) to see the new site to get Nev & Calif fishing info along with the whole US and all type of fishing.

Glad that you had a great trip and the kids enjoyed themselves...........

Sagebrush
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 am

They put the normal rainbow trout in there and also some of these................
have a good day.

Sagebrush
hunter

Postby DuckManWest » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:06 am

A great time it was, Frank!!
Got the father in law hooked on the fishing addiction!
We will get out again soon before fire season gets out of hand.
Hunting or fishing, we always have a great time!! :thumbsup:
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting