pyramid lake perch

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

pyramid lake perch

Postby FLT MEDIC » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:16 pm

I know this is a duck hunting forum but I figured I throw it out there since it is the off season. Does anyone fish pyramid lake for perch or carp in the summer? I fish pyramid for trout but never carp or perch. I heard the perch are tasty and carp fishing is a blast. PM me or post on the forum any info. Is there a local fishing forum? I greatly appreciate any info. Thank you so much!
FLT MEDIC
hunter

Re: pyramid lake perch

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:10 am

I don't know about the carp...............
but there are Cui-ui ( Kee-we ) fish that are about two million years old, which was the main staple of the Paiute tribe.

It is a protected fish and only the tribal members are allowed to take this fish, otherwise they HAVE to be released back into the lake if caught.

The Sacramento Perch is around 2-3 pounds and can get up to four pounds if it has a good life and plenty of food and does not end up as a meal for the larger trout in this lake, during its life time. My biggest to date was weighed in at 3 lbs. 4 oz. and the largest for that season.

All pan fish lures will work ......... Good fishing.
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby FLT MEDIC » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Awesome. do they hang out around the tufa or sandy bottom? can you fish them from the shore?
FLT MEDIC
hunter

Postby NVduck » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:25 am

I don't know much about the perch but from what ive seen it looks like the catch over against the steep side of the lake. I would be interested in catching a few also. I don't know any thing about the carp out there but i will say fly fishing for carp is a blast.
mcqueenmetalfab.com
NVduck
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting