Duck Hunting Forum banner

TAGS ARE UP

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Wolfpack09 
#1 ·
who drew?

#15 ·
Cow for the Girlfriend and I (76, 77 & 79), Antelope (41/42), Mule Deer for my GF's Son (021), Pig Huntin on the Ranch and somehow fit Ducks inbetween...Gonna be a busy year!!!!

#17 ·
Wolfpack09 said:
NVDuckHunter76 said:
Cow for the Girlfriend and I (76, 77 & 79), Antelope (41/42), Mule Deer for my GF's Son (021), Pig Huntin on the Ranch and somehow fit Ducks inbetween...Gonna be a busy year!!!!
Nice. I got an Antelope Tag too in 41/42. I'm the late season though. Which did you pull? Early or late?
Early! Headed out Sunday (7/6) to take a look in 41 off of 447........Gonna be dry and hot! Then 2 weeks before the season opens again, I'll take another look!

#18 ·
NVDuckHunter76 said:
Wolfpack09 said:
NVDuckHunter76 said:
Nice. I got an Antelope Tag too in 41/42. I'm the late season though. Which did you pull? Early or late?
Early! Headed out Sunday (7/6) to take a look in 41 off of 447........Gonna be dry and hot! Then 2 weeks before the season opens again, I'll take another look!
Let me know how your hunt goes. I was planning on trying out the North Side of 41 since I know some people out at Gerlach. Hopefully it will be cooler by the time my season comes around at the end of Sept. Good luck hunting!

#19 ·
Was out at first light in 41 on Sunday. Just wasnt impressed with the numbers I saw. For six hours of scouting, maybe glassed up 20-30 Antelope. Did see a nice lope that went 17 to 18 inches. I would of tagged him! Saw one more roughly 14-15 inches. Give him another year or two and he will be a brut. All the normal water holes were really dry and had very little water. Surprising enough, saw a lot of Chukar! Headed back out in 2 weeks to give it another look....

#20 ·
NVDuckHunter76 said:
Was out at first light in 41 on Sunday. Just wasnt impressed with the numbers I saw. For six hours of scouting, maybe glassed up 20-30 Antelope. Did see a nice lope that went 17 to 18 inches. I would of tagged him! Saw one more roughly 14-15 inches. Give him another year or two and he will be a brut. All the normal water holes were really dry and had very little water. Surprising enough, saw a lot of Chukar! Headed back out in 2 weeks to give it another look....
Hopefully you'll see the 17 to 18 inch buck back when the season starts. I am surprised you saw a lot of chuckar with how dry it gets over there. Best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.