Job Change

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Job Change

Postby Old Duck Getter » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:28 pm

I tried to retire, but just can't sit still. After 6 and a half years (on the job I'm leaving) and eleven different job offers, one has come along that I can't walk away from. I wasn't lookin, they called me. It has better hours, 30% increase in wages (to start), better bennies and a lot more time off.

Where I'm at now we treat Hazardous waste. I have to wear respirators, SCBAs and chemical suits to work in some areas. Not much fun when it gets to 100 degrees inside. I'm on call 24-7-365 and have had vacations and time off concelled the day they were to start. I'm on call every other week-end and can't be more than 30 minutes from the plant . All this without being paid for it unless I'm called in.

I'll be getting a new cell number as the one I have now is a company phone. I'll let you know what it is as soon as I get one.

I start my new job July 7th. (unless I'm treated to bad) and I'm REALLY exsited about the change. My old boss made me an offer to stay. When I turned it down, she said "are you stupid for turning this down".I also most walked out then, but couldn't walk out on my guys working for me. Who knows what will happen on Monday.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Re: Job Change

Postby GETTER DONE » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 am

congratulations I know the struggles that job has put you through, hopefully we can get our schedule linked up and we can share a blind a lot more this year.
MOSSY OAK PRO STAFF
DRAKE WATERFOWL FIELD STAFF
PRECISION CALLS PRO STAFF MANAGER
TANGLEFREE PRO STAFF
OWNER T &T OUTFITTERS
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TT-Outfi ... =bookmarks
GETTER DONE
hunter

Postby NVDuckHunter76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

Best of luck Frank!
HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!

Ducks Unlimited Member
Nevada Waterfowl Association Member
National Rifle Assocation Member
NVDuckHunter76
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 pm

I hate it when "They" take you for granted............

Funny how they try to come around when you tell them that you are walking.

Hope the new job works out for you and take care of yourself.
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting