Pahranagat "?"

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Pahranagat "?"

Postby Matthew83128 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi. I'm an Air Force member stationed at Nellis and plan to hunt Pahranagat this coming season. I took a drive up there today and scoped it out since I had never been up there before. It seems like a promising area, and I'm excited to hunt it this fall.

Can anyone tell me in the fall is the mash area between the middle pond and lower lake flooded? I tried to wade into the middle pond but it was really deep, and I don't plan to bringing in a small boat.

I did go to the lower lake there seems like there's plenty of area there to hunt from. I would have like to drive around to the back side but the Alamo road that goes around was closed.
Matthew83128
Newb

Re: Pahranagat "?"

Postby overton buster » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Yeah there is no driving around to the back side. And if your lucky there will be water in the lower pond come hunting season, usually has water during the summer but when the season gets here most if the time it manages to get dry!! Just up the road is key Pittman you can get in some good hunting there on either pond they have plus they have a few fields that you can get geese in here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
overton buster
hunter

Postby Matthew83128 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks for the replay. You’re the second person that has told me the road doesn’t go around to the back of the lake. I don’t know how true it is but on another forum in here I heard the manager up there isn’t to kind to hunters and does what he can to make it difficult for them up there. I saw that Key Pittman only allows 55 hunters a day there, is it usually full? I would think with so few places to hunt waterfowl in the Vegas area it would fill up quickly. I’m also going to put in for a day or too at Overton, sounds like it pretty good there.

:offtopic:
This damn state need a river like I’m used to in Missouri, no silly days of the week rules there.
Matthew83128
Newb

Postby towgunner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 am

Matthew83128 wrote:Thanks for the replay. You’re the second person that has told me the road doesn’t go around to the back of the lake. I don’t know how true it is but on another forum in here I heard the manager up there isn’t to kind to hunters and does what he can to make it difficult for them up there.

"He" is a "She" and that is pretty accurate and the same can be said for the area manager at Ash Meadows NWR.
towgunner
hunter

Postby overton buster » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:33 am

Key Pittman full on the opener and you have to apply for that weekend after that usually not many hunters and it every other day. Same with Overton and yeah Overton can be good but more on the bad side. Better be use to a lot if sky busting!!! Key Pittman first come first serve Overton you draw a ball in the morning to pick your blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
overton buster
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting