Duck Hunting Forum banner

Got the Boat

826 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Old Duck Getter 
#1 ·
Mrs. Duck and I went to Placerville yesterday and picked up the new duck boat. It's new to us. It is 14' long and 48" on the bottom. It has an open floor plan with 10' of open area to work with. It also came with a 15 HP. motor and a really nice blind. I'll take before and after pictures on this build.

We were looking at a New boat but to get what I wanted it was going to be $2500. We made 3 trips to California looking a boats before we found the one that was right. Boat, motor and trailer was $700.

Old Duck

#3 ·

Here are a coulpe more pictures. The front deck is 4' long and has storage for life jackets, anchors and rope. It will also be used for the dog platform. Each seat has a 16"X16"X12" box under them. The front seat will have two 12 volt batteries for the trolling motor and lights. The back seat will have the fire extinquisher, hand held light and lunches. The small deck across the back will be for the GPS, Fish Finder, Marine Radio and the coffee cup. The piece of plywood by the back seat is a table that will fold up and hold the stove, so we can fix breakfast, make coffee and hot lunches. I'll be adding storage by each seat for shells, soda can holders and what not. As soon as it warms up I'll be painting inside and out.

old duck

#5 ·

Here are some pictures of the blind. The first is the blind rolled up. The second is the inside view. The next one is the right side. The next is the dog platform. The last is the back and left side. I'll add the grass once it starts getting cold and the tules turn color. I used burlap on the other boat's blind, but the wind blew right through it. This blind came with the boat and the wind can't get through it. I made some modifications to make it fit the way I wanted.

Sage, we didn't get to breakfast or the hot lunch last year because that boat was a little small. This boat has all kinds of room so it will happen this year. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.