Duck Hunting Forum banner

How was your weekend?

883 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Duck Getter 
#1 ·
My was great. Yesterday my youngest daughter got married to a very nice young man. I pray that they have a long life together.

Today I got up early and went fishing. I went to Lahontan again as it is close to the house. I was on the water at 7:00. Launched on the Silver Springs said and trolled toward the Narrows. Before I got to Fisherman's point I had the first fish on. It was a nice 20" Walleye :yes: . Caught it on a brass sling blade and worm. About 15 minutes later I caught a 14" Walleye on a large yellow Roostertail :thumbsup: . Troll all through the Narrows without any more bites. I anchored on the West side on Dome Point and caught 8 small Whitebass on a worm under a slip bobber :thumbsup: . The wind started coming up about 11:00 :mad: , so I headed back because I had a long way to go. I was home by 12:30.

On the way back I saw a pair of geese with 9 little ones. :thumbsup: Hopefully they will say around for this season. Also saw 10 to 11 pairs more of geese and 8 pairs of ducks.

old duck

Hope you all had a good one. :yes:

#2 ·
My weekend was like always uneventful! It involved contacting a few people about a new duck call, talking the old lady into letting me buy a new duck call, and then buying the new duck call! Im really just relaxing knowing that overtime at the place I am working at is coming and is going to hit us HARD. I have been hearing about working 7, 12 hour days(also heard 6, 10's too). So I think that the new duck gun is in the works! Been drooling over the Xtrema II. Been about having a heart attack over the price though. Looks like my weekends will be pretty full for a while. BTW sounds like you had a good time out fishing. Nice to hear about some 'eyes out here in nevada. They taste so good!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.