Duck Hunting Forum banner

The July 4th weekend

666 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ant 
#1 ·
What have you got planned? We'll be staying close to home. We'll fish Lahontan for what ever will bite and Weber for catfish and crappie for eating.

I made a sun screen for the boat. It is 5 feet high, the width and length of the open area ( 5'X10'). I used 1/2" EMT for the frame and bought some green sun screen for the cover. It will get it's first run on Sunday. I hope it works like it was planned. I'll take a couple of pictures once it's set up.

The wife and I wish all a great weekend. If you go somewhere please be safe and come home in one piece.

old duck

#3 ·
Word on the street is lahonton is gettin real dry, having to do with that levey break in Fernley. I can't say for sure since I haven't been out that way in a while :help: And speaking of dove...anyone else notice a bigger influx of those euro collared dove? We wacked a couple in fallon last year, seen pairs in mucc town, here in reno and have heard rumors of big flocks in gabbs...whats the deal?

#4 ·
Mike,
I live about 5 minutes from the water here on Lahontan. Even with the water being low we can still fish it. This is a fun lake to fish once you figure it out. There is a good variety of fish, so most of the time you don't know what's on the end of your line until it is brought in. It has taken me a bunch of years to line this water out, but I usually can coax a bit or too.

old duck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.