Duck Hunting Forum banner

Warm Water Club

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Duck Getter 
#1 ·
Any of you guys know about the Warm Water Club??? I saw a posting for several memberships avalible and was curious if you guys think it would be worth it.

Thanks

#2 ·
Are you talking about the one out by honey lake? If it is, one of the draw backs is you have to get a non resident California Hunting liscence and duck stamp if you live nevada. I dont know what they are charging but you got to add about another $200 to it for the california liscence. I would be curious to know what they are charging.

#3 ·
Do you know anything about the hunting???? Do many migrating birds from up north stop and use honey lake and the refuge near-by??? The guys at the club claim they get snows, canadas and all types of ducks. Have you herd or know something different??

And your right! You do have to pay more to hunt in California (out-of-state). Anyway, just looking into it, but Im not convenced its a good deal.

#4 ·
I called them today. It is $900 for the season. They dont have any blinds(A couple barrel blinds). It is just like hunting on public land. He said they have quite a few ponds, could not give me an exact number. I am not sure on how well it produces birds out there, As far as the snows go we get those here. Not by the hundreds but a few here and there and I would imagine it is about the same out there. If you are fr club to hunt, I would sugest you check out greenhead out by still water in fallon. They are $50 for the season.

#5 ·
Hey, thanks for all the great info. I will have to look into Greenhead club. I've heard that lots of people hunt the club....do you know what its like...I'm sure its better during the week vs. the weekend. Well I think I just need to spend some time scouting around before the season (Im new to the area). Again, thanks for the info!

#6 ·
There are alot of good areas to hunt around here. Mason Valley, Stillwater, Washoe lake (on a good year), Tulon. I will even hunt the carson river from time to time. Greenhead does get alot of hunters that is there biggest draw back. If I can give you any more info let know and :welcome: to the area and the board.

#7 ·
Welcome Burk, glad you tuned in. You'll like this site. As far as Greenhead goes, it is busy but once you look it over you'll find your own spot that is for you. Stillwater and Mason Valley are areas to look at too. If you need some help I'm sure one of the guys will step up. PM me with specifics and I'll see if I can help.

old duck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.