Duck Hunting Forum banner

Went fishing at Lahontan

641 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Old Duck Getter 
#1 ·
I went down to Lahontan on Saturday evening. Boy is this lake low. There are islands showing up that I don't have on my map. I've ran the body of water for the last 14 years and added every dump I've found to a map. Anyway back to the fishing.

I went to Blackbird Point around 6:30 in the evening. There were a couple of people fishing already. They had a few cats and walleyes, that they were going to keep. I started out with chicken livers and worms. Didn't have the results I was looking for so I switched to anchovies. I took a whole anchovy and cut it into 4 pieces. I caught a few White catfish on the anchovies, some bullheads and walleye on worms. One walleye should have weighed 10 pounds for it's head size, but I bet it didn't weigh 3 pounds. With this low water it is putting a lot of stress on the fish. I called it quits around 10:30 and went on home.

old duck

#3 ·
Mike,

I'll be where the Fernley canal runs into the lake, by the dam, early Sunday morning. I'm going to start there and move round until I find some fish. Your more than welcome to join me. Let me know and we can fix time and place. I'll be in my old white Nissan pick-up.

old duck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.