KICKED ***

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

KICKED ***

Postby Sagebrush » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:58 pm

:salude: Went to Greenhead south of Fallon Sat 8th .Got there 1hr 20 min early because of last year; 540 hunters & parking lots FULL! Only 350 hunters this year. Hung around for 55min till legal shootn time. (c/o walk) Right off the bat I got two hen mallards singles. The next bird was a hen sprig!! I guess U know I was really checking the birds out "BIG TIME!!". Nothin for this boy but TEAL!! I don't really mind, I think Teal taste better than all the birds; too bad they are so small! 80% of by birds were taken with 1 1/8 oz # 5 Steel @ 45 yards. One mallard was taken with # 2 at 55 yards on the 2nd shot.( 3.5ft is not enough lead ) Greenhead has 80% of the birds c/o last year. STILLWATER has 175% of the birds from last year, do to an increase of water!!!!! For U guys that are up in Lovelock; Ryepatch has extra water N/E section & DUCKS!!!
All this info is c/o Nev F&G . It even has the # of dux & ges from last year to this year. I sure hope U boys in Vegas did ok. Going out tomarrow with some BB'S to test some 60yds shots. Later .... Mr Ed
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting