Just Road Names?

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Just Road Names?

Postby Ithaca33 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello all,

I will be visiting some family during opening weekend in New Hampshire and was planning on doing some hunting. I noticed their pheasant tags are $26 so I i did a bit of research to decide if it would be worth paying for. They list stocking sites however the closest site to where I will be just states a road name (Rt. X). Is there any way of finding out more specifically where they stock or should I just ask the outfitter in town I'll be purchasing my license from?

Thank you much!
Ithaca33
hunter

Re: Just Road Names?

Postby JustinNH » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:07 am

Sometimes it is easy to see as the parking lots will be full and there are plenty of Pheasant hunter signs stating that it is the spot.

Other times, it is off of the road that it lists or much farther down than you would think. there was one up north (no longer stocked because of the landowner across the street) that was off of a dirt road off of the road that F&G lists. An officer checking out our grouse helped us find it.

Driving around for 10 minutes in the general area will help you find it and google earth can further limit your searching for some of the spots that are fields. :thumbsup:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby JustinNH » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:09 am

Oh yeah, and be prepared for A LOT of other hunters in small spots. Some get hammered really quick.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby rjbadfish » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 am

Contact NH F&G. See if you can get a call back from the local CO working the area near where your family lives. Like Justin said, be prepared for crowded conditions in most of the States stocking sites. Good luck and enjoy your visit to NH
Ray Jackson

Have you noticed that common sense is not as common as it used to be???
rjbadfish
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting