A few geese!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

A few geese!

Postby JustinNH » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

Went out with Jay and his friend for a goose and crow hunt this morning in the humidity and millions of bat sized mosquitoes.
The crows were not wanting to come over, but were everywhere. All of a sudden a small group of geese pop out and are going away from us. Jay saved the day with his calling and brought them right in. I dropped one when they first came into the spread and Jay was able to turn them again and we were able to drop another one. We ended with 5 crows of top of the geese. Thanks for the great hunt :thumbsup:

Contacts worked great. Didn't have to worry about glasses fogging up from the humidity or spraying them with deet, etc.

Can't wait for as cold front to take care of the mosquitoes...
Attachments
Goose and me.jpg
both geese.jpg
JustinNH
State Moderator

Re: A few geese!

Postby rjbadfish » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 am

good job guys :thumbsup:
Ray Jackson

Have you noticed that common sense is not as common as it used to be???
rjbadfish
hunter

Postby Benny8 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I agree about the skeeters! I am getting ready to take a bath in Benadryl Itch Relief Gel. We got peppered over the course of two days. Congrats on the geese :thumbsup:
Benny8
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:55 am

Thank you both

Benny- I do not know what it is called (I think it is made by band-aid now) but it is a clear gel in a tube that works really well for bug bites and even poison ivy. Wish I had some now at work...
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby HeritageHunter » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:48 am

Pick-up a Therma-Cell.

I bring one with me on every hunt. I got a case for it that I use to strap it to just about everything. Have shot turkeys, deer, and waterfowl while using one. Only time I don't use one is late season and if I am jump shotting. Other than that it is on.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting