Is Randy Dow Still sculling / hunting the great Bay

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Is Randy Dow Still sculling / hunting the great Bay

Postby sculling Oar » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:46 pm

Just wondering if Randy Dow is still alive?? I havent seen him in almost 15 years. We used to scull the bay and I would see him every now and again. Does he still scull / hunt ??

also I have a joppa flats float that I built back a number of years ago and never finished. I am going to finish it this year and scull again

I was on the Walkers web sight in newberry Mass and was amaized at the amount of stuff on there for us scullers. they mentioned that they have a sculling float display at there shop ?? can any one go there and look at his floats or is it private
sculling Oar
hunter

Postby DLHO » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:56 pm

hi-No randy does not get out any more- he has sold his last newburyport float- his wife died 2 weeks ago- so Randy had alot on his mind- I have know him for God- 30 yrs- he is a great man-

did you buy that witham float?

DLHO
DLHO
hunter

Postby sculling Oar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Hi DLHO
Yes I did get the float It is lighter than my other Withham float, and it has floatation up in the front he must have made improvements from one to the other. is this a good deal ?? sounded good to me. any idea what the average cost of a good float is, High and low costs ??? and what is this float worth on the open market .

I saw on another web page that you have, or had a Joppa float in your yard and out on the marsh , did you build it, if so, how did you water proof it , Glass or Epoxy, or how. I would like to talk to some one who has one and knows something about making it water tight.

Sorry for all the questions, I had a float made years ago, and it seams that every one that I talked to back then was so tight lipped about sculling, that I was on my own. and I would like to finish my float.

Any help would be Appreciated
Thanks

sculling Oar
hunter

give me a ring

Postby DLHO » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:26 pm

CALL ME- 207 646 4365- ex 102 thanks donald
DLHO
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting