Gun Dog Supplies

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Gun Dog Supplies

Postby 9JAYDUB » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Anybody know of good places to go for training supplies and other things for hunting dogs? Looking for something within around 30 minutes of Manchester. I can't imagine there is much at the local big box pet stores. Do others just use online shops?

Thanks,

Josh
9JAYDUB
hunter

Re: Gun Dog Supplies

Postby JustinNH » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I have just used the internet for things like that.

I know a lot of pet stores are not too fond of hunting, even with a lot of owning dogs/buying food and toys. They may have stuff, but I do not know for sure. My only guess may be *****?

Just did a quick look at the website and they do have dog training supplies and at least two kinds of bumpers (duck and an orange one). Not a ton of stuff, but they did have it.

KTP is a little farther than the 30 min, but would be a little more fun.

Also noticed they sell the pet doorbell thing. Looks like a paw and when they hit it it makes a doorbell sound. You can train them to do that when they have to 'go potty'. Besides bringing me a duck, it is the absolute best thing and will impress guests as well :beer:

BUT I am curious if anyone know of other spots. Good Question.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby 9JAYDUB » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Yea, Kittery, Cabelas and BassPro are places I'll check when I make my rounds through them. Just was hoping for something local. It's always great when you can talk to somebody in the shop about stuff. I walked into PetCo or PetSmart, can't remember exactly which one and asked if they had anything for gundogs and they looked at me like I asked if I could shoot a dog. Real snippy attitude and a "We don't carry that [u]stuff[u]" :fingerpt:
9JAYDUB
hunter

Postby rjbadfish » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Tractor Supply, Agway, Blue Seal feed and needs all carry some dog supplies(collars, leashes, treats, bumpers etc...), usually without the anti attitude. For specific hunting supplies I deal with mail order or pick up on my many trips to Cabelas or Bass Pro.
Ray Jackson

Have you noticed that common sense is not as common as it used to be???
rjbadfish
hunter

Postby capt1972 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

http://www.Gundogsupply.com

I've bought quite a bit from this guy, reasonable prices and great service.
capt1972
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 am

rjbadfish wrote:Agway,

:thumbsup: Didn't even thing of them. Thats where I get my dog food, only place around that carries it and Id rather give them the money than petco.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:48 am

There's a place right near you, in Deerfield I think. I have never been but I talked to the guy on the phone and he was super nice and seemed to have a lot of stuff I was looking for. His prices were reasonable too.

http://www.onpointkennel.com/
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby mojo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:45 am

There's a place right near you, in Deerfield I think. I have never been but I talked to the guy on the phone and he was super nice and seemed to have a lot of stuff I was looking for. His prices were reasonable too.

http://www.onpointkennel.com/

I've been taking my pup to Dave (On Point Kennels) for training for the last few months. Nice guy, carries just about anything you might want/need for dog training, and his prices are pretty much on par with the big box stores......always better to support the local guy too.

He assists with training and even boards dogs too if need be as well.
mojo
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting