Duck Blinds?

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Duck Blinds?

Postby rfoss1010 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:35 am

Hello all just had a few questions on building a duck blind for the upcoming season. I was wondering if there are any regulations regurding placement on public land and if there is any specific materials that need to be used. Any info would be helpful
Thank You
Robert
rfoss1010
hunter

Re: Duck Blinds?

Postby capt1972 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Supposed to be removed at the end of the season. And supposed to have your name on it.
capt1972
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Good question. I haven't heard much about it because I hunt out of the boat most times or make a temporary blind. I do know you need to have it with your name on it. I also heard (not confirmed) that if it is on public land, anyone can use it first come first serve.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby 9JAYDUB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 pm

If its public land, the blind has to be public as well (anybody uses it first come first serve). It has to be temporary (removed at the end of the season). It also can't harm any trees or cause anything permanent in the landscape like with deer stands/blinds. So you can't trim some trees for better angles and you can't cut brush down to build any part of it.
9JAYDUB
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting