Possible forum change

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Possible forum change

Postby DUKHTR » Thu May 04, 2006 9:10 am

It may be that we combine all of New England into one forum, since there is not alot of activity in NH, VT and CT.

Will this 'bother' any of you folks in NH????????
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sculling Oar » Sat May 06, 2006 9:35 pm

Go ahead and give it a whirl and see it it floats. there may be more intrest then. :getdown:
Last edited by sculling Oar on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sculling Oar
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue May 09, 2006 7:01 am

thanks for the input Scull...

I've noted views to my post in CT and NH, but your's was the only reply. Maybe they are 'lurkers'.....sure wish we had more 'posters'.......ADMIN wants us to combine so that more activity will exist and hopefully additional postings will be the result.

If we want to keep our own state forum(s), we need to generate activity folks!!!!

****for the record....we have OUTSTANDING syrup from here in Maine too!!!**** :smile:
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sculling Oar » Tue May 09, 2006 11:08 am

Would be nice to see more input in the north east. As one sight for all or 6 seperate like now. The fuge has one but they don't have much more interest than we do. Dont know what to do ?? it's up to the crowd. :thumbsup:

I tried some Syrup from SYDNEY Maine and it had a shade of GREEN like the targets at the DHC shoot :umm: Nice shooting !! hope we can have one next year, without the rain.

Have you and howard gotten together to fix his ( LEAD DECOY ) problems, I have been reading your Sticky and would like to know more about making Formers. At the shoot there was some interest in how it was done. has anyone got with you to see how it is done ??
sculling Oar
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Wed May 10, 2006 8:23 am

Ironically, I was thinking of Howard and his class....was wondering if they would like to have a 'go' at a trophy....I have a full plumed buffy I would like mounted. Will have to get an e-mail off to Howard.

As far as the dekes........I am soooo darn busy right now with umping LL and Federation games that I have little time to even get the basics done here at the house....although I've been keeping up with the lawn and took a few trees down out back.....been working on a walking stick, got it carved up and am working on the finish.....got a neat duck head from the transfer station (it was on a fireplace set that was trashed)....last night I carved a male end and threaded it so I will be ready to afix the head layer this week.

Just finished up a pr of greater scaup....to go along with a pr of drake redheads....was thinking of selling, but may keep for myself. In the mean time, we are getting the Dover house ready to put on the market.

Back to the decoys......I will make time to put together some sort of informal workshop....might be in August, which is a good time since many of us are getting the 'itch' and working on getting ready for the season. I'll definitely keep everyone posted and give plenty of notice!

Thanks for the praises and interest....it's alot of fun and very satisfying.

Did I mention.....GREEN if my favorite color??!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kfran1234 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Maybe combining the forums is a good idea. Be kinda like the "New England" Patriots.
kfran1234
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting