New to the Seacoast

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

New to the Seacoast

Postby 9JAYDUB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Just recently moved into the Portsmouth area and wondering if there are any gun clubs that are open to the public for clay shooting around that area. Also looking for any recommendations on a good vet out that way that has experience with gun dogs. Any help with the info would be appreciated guys.

Thanks and hope the off-season is treating everyone well.

Josh
9JAYDUB
hunter

Re: New to the Seacoast

Postby rfoss1010 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello Josh There are a couple of clubs in the area surrounding Portsmouth. There is one in North Hampton and one in Barrington. The one in North Hampton is Privite I think, but the one in Barrington is open and is the one I am joining. As far as vets go im not sure but im sure someone here will help you out.
rfoss1010
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:44 am

The one in Barrington is called major waldrons, and yes, they have public shoots, but its not a public club in the sense you can't just go in there any time you want. I was a member when I lived up there for a year and was really really disappointed with the way it was ran. The ranges are nice, and the trap shooting is good. If that is what you are looking to do, I wouldn't join and just go pay to shoot. Maybe its changed since I was a member, who knows.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby capt1972 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Sagamore Animal Hospital. The guy is a "real" vet as he takes care of all animals including horses (not hamsters and goldfish like a lot of others around). He also hunts. I have not gone there yet but a buddy has ben going there for over 20 years. He just told me about it and I will be going there for my next appointment.
capt1972
hunter

Postby waterfowlah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 am

Sagamore is a good place. I took My chessie there for years. As far as local shotgun shooting? Waldrons in Barrington is the best in the area, You dont have to be a member to shoot on Saturday (trap) or Sunday for skeet& modern skeet. I like to make the drive to Green mountain. Thay have a nice sporting clays course, Five stand, and raised platform.

Hope this helps.
waterfowlah
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting