the best day of the year

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

the best day of the year

Postby poor_duck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Went out this morning to check my deer and turkey camera and guess what I didn’t find any :huh:
poor_duck
hunter

Re: the best day of the year

Postby 9JAYDUB » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 am

Ouch, thats never a good feeling. That's been the major reason I haven't invested in one yet, you just can't trust some people these days. Even fellow sportsmen.
9JAYDUB
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:11 am

That sucks...

I had one out at a potential trapping spot that was pretty out of the way. Had someone moon the camera. Certainly didn't set there...

It was like... squirrel, squirrel, coon, squirrel, heron, person, person's butt... :no:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby HeritageHunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 am

I got three cameras and always put a heavy cable and lock on them when they are out. I also try to put them in spots where you would need to be looking for them to find it.

Also do not spend more than $100 per camera. That way if it does get grabbed I am not out a ton of cash.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby poor_duck » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:12 pm

They are cheap but the point is sad to see people take someone else cam. Oh well live and learn
poor_duck
hunter

Postby 9JAYDUB » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Maybe I'm on the cheap side, but I don't consider $100 a small expense. That's several days worth of shells for hunting, or a nice group of decoys, or a lot of other stuff I'd rather not see stolen.

JustinNH wrote:It was like... squirrel, squirrel, coon, squirrel, heron, person, person's butt...

I'd rather that than having the cam stolen!! :lol3:
9JAYDUB
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:34 pm

9JAYDUB wrote:Maybe I'm on the cheap side, but I don't consider $100 a small expense. That's several days worth of shells for hunting, or a nice group of decoys, or a lot of other stuff I'd rather not see stolen.

Don't get me wrong I would be peeved at getting $100 camera swiped, but that is the chance you take when you put them in the woods. Some camera's go for over $500+. I am sure they are great but I would never buy one first because of the expense and second because I would be beyond angry if someone swiped it.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Last year I was lucky enough to get a whole bunch of pictures of some red headed inbred putting duct tape over my camera... when I went back to get it, me and my two buddies ran in to him (who was built like a starving Ethiopian) and his girlfriend. Ahh fun times, nothing like being 2 miles to the closest road and running in to a hippy half your size who you want to maim.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting