I have been busy with a diver spread-4 dozen-buffies,bluebills,ringers and goldeneyes along with some puddlers-mallards, blacks and widgeon. I have also been busy with my winter project.When I started this thread, my brother had given me a 1964 16' Starcraft Seamist Bowrider. The plan was to remove the bow and make it more fishing and duckhunting friendly. After ripping the seats out and the dashboard and steering system, I installed a new piece of plywood over a floor that was punky in a spot. I thought I had it dried out, WRONG! Here is what she looked like to begin with.
After installing the plywood over the punky floor, I decided to make a split bench in the bow to keep the boat from "tacoing".
After about three months of no heat in the garage, the weather warmed up for me to get back to work. While laying out the Storage locker and back seat area, I noticed the new plywood starting to delaminate. I figured if I am going to do it right, I might as well tear out the old floor and install a entirely new one. Lets just say I am glad I did. The old floor was rotted straight thru and there was about 25 gallons of water trapped under the floor. The factory foam under the floor was totally saturated and acting like a dam, not allowing the water to make it to the drain plug. Everything torn out, I cut new foam(closed cell) to put under the floor, and new Advantech plywood. I sealed the edges and both sides with epoxy to prevent rotting.
I then framed the storage locker and back seat area. I went to my local sheetmetal shop and they bent me some aluminum to enclose them. Got it all put together and in place. I then used 7 1/2" of rigid insulation and a stringer to make the step up casting deck in the front. I used the old aluminum bow that I removed for the floor over the foam.
After this, we moved the boat outside and tipped it over. I scuffed it all down and primed the sides and installed Coat-It on the bottom for protection. When that dried we painted our Parker Paint on it.
Thats it so far-stay tuned for more updates. I pick up my new Mercury 20 hp four stroke on June 9th.