goose calls

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

goose calls

Postby chefletch » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 pm

lookin to get a new goose call, i know that there is some personal preference involved...but does anyone have any suggestions. I am not looking to spend a lot($75 or less), but also want a call that will be durable. i have heard of too many people buying call after call to find the right one....looking forward to honkers!
If it Flies, It dies.... if it's brown knock it down
chefletch
hunter

Re: goose calls

Postby Benny8 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 am

Buck Gardner Honker Hammer is a good sounding call, and very durable. Price tag is in your range, think $29.99.
Benny8
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:40 am

Winglock Goose Whisperer. $50 bucks and super easy to use.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby ncenglert » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:36 am

Look on the free classifieds section of this website for a used acrylic. I love RNT's G3, you can do anything with it. It requires a lot of air to blow it right but it sounds great. Also My buddy just bought a banded calls TKO. and that is a great intermediate level call. You dont need a lot of air, the reed is very responsive and you can change cadence and pitch super fast without a lot of effort. If you look around you can get a $150 call for 75-95 used where someone else did exactly what you were talking about, bought a goose call on reviews, never blew it at a store, then when it shipped to the house they hated it. The best way to know which goose call you will like is to go to a BassPro(Foxboro MA) or a Cabelas (Scarborough ME) and blow them in person. Then when you find the one you like look for it online used.
ncenglert
hunter

Postby nhhonker » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:15 am

If your interested in buck gardener honker hammer, i have one barely used for $40. I also have a buck gardener grey ghost like new for $40. I prefer the grey ghost over the honker hammer. I am selling because i just got a Zink PC-1 Paralyzer ..
"Addicted to Quack"
nhhonker
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting