New to Waterfowl

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

New to Waterfowl

Postby rickbr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi guys, Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I've been an avid turkey and deer hunter for a few years now.
Also into fly fishing and gold prospecting. I've been slowly getting into waterfowl for a couple of years and have decided to really concentrate my hunting efforts on them this year. I plan on hunting out of a Commander 140 kayak and probably some field hunting for geese. I have a dozen mallard dekes I picked up last year and a few shells for the fields. I look forward to learning as much as I can here and hope to see the NH forums become a little more active with the oncoming season. Maybe I'll even be able to contribute or at least post a few hero picks here and there.
rickbr
hunter

Re: New to Waterfowl

Postby JustinNH » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, this is certainly the slow season. Once the seasons start everyone usually comes back to life :beer:

That is cool to hear about the prospecting. Before they closed my favorite spot, I used to go up every weekend with my dredge. Never found a ton but usually 50 or so pieces minimum and every once in a while a nice one (well, for NH at least). I recently picked up metal detecting and in the last month ended up with 5 gold items worth more than years of prospecting. But, both are fun in their own way!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting