places to hunt in southern nh??

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

places to hunt in southern nh??

Postby mwfallisi3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Hey guys (and gals) just moved home to nh and looking forward tl the upcoming season. Anyone know of some good spots to duck hunt here in southern nh?
mwfallisi3
Newb

Re: places to hunt in southern nh??

Postby JustinNH » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:36 am

Welcome back to NH and welcome to the forum!

Asking about spots is generally not a great idea and is looked down on, but I will try to help...The only advise I can give is to scout. Put in the time and gas to find the birds and you will be rewarded come the season. You will find that people do not share their spots with others... after all,they put in the time and $ to find the birds themselves so that wouldn't be very fair for them.

Between farmers letting you hunt fields to plenty of public lakes, we are lucky here in NH. May not be as great as other states, but I have read some threads in other states and it seems like an obstacle course if you want to have a chance at duck hunting.

If you find birds now, they will most likely be there for most of the first split. It is a whole new ballgame come the migrators, but luckily most of my spots get them as well.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Re: places to hunt in southern nh??

Postby Benny8 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 pm

mwfallisi3 wrote:Hey guys (and gals) just moved home to nh and looking forward tl the upcoming season. Anyone know of some good spots to duck hunt here in southern nh?

1st post Classic-X2 on what Justin said-put your time in, scout and Google Earth is your best friend.
Benny8
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting