Good Start

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Good Start

Postby kwacker » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 am

Well I was able to get out and do a little crow hunting the last 2 mornings and had some decent luck. Shot 8 on Wednesday & 11 this morning, but they were expensive birds. I have already gone through almost 2 boxes of shells. Todays shooting was better than yesterday, not so many misses and a little more of me keeping my head down on my gun. Kirby is loving all the early season retreiving so I guess the exa shells are worth it. Hope you guys are getting out there and having as fun as I am.
Good luck
kwacker
hunter

Re: Good Start

Postby JustinNH » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 am

Nice work on the crows :thumbsup:

Crows can be tough birds. Seems I either get them in 1 shot each or I can go through 3 shells and not drop one.

great to hear about the extra retrieving for Kirby

I have not gone out... it has been POURING rain the last two mornings. I'll hunt ducks and upland birds in the rain all day, but I guess I am a fair weather crow hunter.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby rickbr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I went out yesterday morning before work but didn't see a damn thing. Then it started pouring so I packed it up.

Thinking I am going to head out this afternoon. Not sure where yet though. Haven't been seeing alot around lately. Going to swing through Wildlife in Manch and see if they have any Crow E-callers and maybe an Owl if they aren't to much money.
rickbr
hunter

Postby kwacker » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 am

Well I went out again this morning and the fog was sooo thick that I did not even see a single crow. :sad: Glad I brought one of Kirbys bumpers to throw to him. Still it was a nice morning to sit out. Good luck this weekend to those of you who are hunting.
kwacker
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting