Bear Baiting???

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Bear Baiting???

Postby deertoducks » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:05 pm

Anyone else get their bear baits out this morning? Went out last weekend and setup up my stand and barrel, headed back up early this morning and added the bait. Seeing decent sign, tracks and scat in the area. Though most of what I'm seeing is from smaller bears its always gets the heart pumping to see a bear skulking through the woods up close and personal. I'll be heading back up Monday morning to hopefully find that my site has been pounded and have some good trail cam pics to share if I can figure out how to post them??? This is the month we've all been waiting for!!! Let the killing season begin :thumbsup:!!!!
deertoducks
hunter

Re: Bear Baiting???

Postby rickbr » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Got my bear permit a couple of years ago but never made it out. Didn't bother getting it last year or this year. I would love to
go after bear but I don't know the first thing about hunting them really. Plus I don't really know anyone with land etc. etc.

Looking forward to seeing the cam pics and also the full meatpole. Good luck
rickbr
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm

deertoducks wrote: have some good trail cam pics to share if I can figure out how to post them??? This is the month we've all been waiting for!!! Let the killing season begin :thumbsup:!!!!

Save them to a certain folder or your desktop and click reply. Below the box you type in are two tabs. Click the upload attachment one. Where it says file name,click chose attachment and find where you saved it. Click on the file, hit add in the pop up screen and then add again on the main page. :thumbsup:

Good luck for bear! I always see them outside of the season up north but when I go for grouse I never see any... Never set up bait though.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby deertoducks » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am

Had some action at the bait site first couple days!!

deertoducks
hunter

Postby rickbr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:37 am

Great pics. Good luck with your hunt. Bow or Firearm?
rickbr
hunter

Postby deertoducks » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

rickbr wrote:Great pics. Good luck with your hunt. Bow or Firearm?

Ill have my bow, but my wifes uncle has never killed a bear and wants to knock it of his "bucket list", Im giving him first crack at what ever comes in, of couse unless an absolute monster comes in :lol3: Well be heading out friday afternoon to replenish bait and hunt, Im hoping things really heat up at the site and we may both get a shot at something!
deertoducks
hunter

Postby 9JAYDUB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:15 pm

I didn't have any baited sites out but got some time in the woods along some of their walking trails. I'd seen sign of them around these areas but never actually saw one until I was out this weekend. Popped up about 60 yards away and dipped back down into cover before I could get the sights on him. I'm booked up for most of September but hoping to get a few more chances up that way. Anybody have any luck or heading out this next weekend?
9JAYDUB
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting