Scored

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Scored

Postby rickbr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Found a new cornfield the other day when out with the bow. Went out yesterday and was bagged just as I was putting out the decoys
by three birds. Nothing ever came by again. I left my blind up and just grabbed the dekes figuring I would be back again this morning. Got out this morning ,slight drizzle and fog. Wasn't sure they would be moving much. After about an hour or so I thought I would pack up and move to another field. Got up grabbed some of my decoys and started back toward the blind. Here comes a half dozen right at me on the tree line. I run to the blind, drop the decoys, and sit and hide. To make a long story short. I ended up getting one of them and missing on the other 3 attempts as they came back a few time. Still glad to have at least gotten the first one out of the way.
Attachments
IMG_0003.JPG
rickbr
hunter

Re: Scored

Postby Benny8 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Congrats :thumbsup: It sure is nice to get the first one out of the way. I was 0 for three hunts going into this morning. Shot my limit with Kwacker and the last three that came in sounds like what happened to you. We were out of the layouts thinking of picking up, talking with my bro on the cell, when three head our way. We jump into the layouts and give them a few clucks, they cup and float right in. I shoot a double and Kwacker shoots the other. Sorry for hijacking-great job to you, and the scouting paid off :thumbsup:
Benny8
hunter

Re: Scored

Postby JustinNH » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Congrats on the successful hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I doubt I will be out tomorrow, so I'll probably be ending my early goose with 1 as well. Good to get out before October though!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting