It's almost here!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

It's almost here!

Postby Cigarz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:03 am

So- what's that one thing that you neglected to pack?

It might be a good idea to lay out your kit to check, then stand your gear by the door, or load the truck, in preparation. Shotgun, shells, waders, light, decoys, call, head camo, jack-knife, first aid kit, game bag, food, water, dry clothes... After a last minute trip to Wally-world today, that's what I'll be doing.

I almost forgot my folding chair-

Good luck to everyone!
It's better on the water.
Cigarz
hunter

Re: It's almost here!

Postby JustinNH » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 pm

I should be good to go from early goose.
One thing I always keep in mind.... toilet paper.... :lol3:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Cigarz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 pm

TP... Hah! There's always something:)

Went out today after work for some bog-troggin' and worked on the blind a bit. Spooked up a flock of about 15 woodies, and caught some more nature along the way.

How much longer?
Cigarz
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Soon, very soon.

I may head out for a whopping 30-45 min in the AM before work and then I will be out early for the last 3 hrs of hunting. Hoping to get a few but would be more than pleased with one. Can't wait for Saturday!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Cigarz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 pm

I got out to the blind today after class (I released them 30 minutes early- I wonder why) for some puttering at the blind. I spooked up three that were nibbling out front when I trekked in, but nothing came in my way the rest of the time. Not that I expected much action between 10:30-2, but hey, it was all about getting comfortable. And practicing my calls. And remembering that I forgot my folding chair. Yes, I still forgot it.

Still, a relaxing morning, watching a family of otter playing about 100 yards away, and keeping score for a hawk that was hunting frogs or mice across the water from me.

I'm out of the house at 4:30 tomorrow morning- I'm going to consider that my first real day out:)
Cigarz
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting