Slob Hunters

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Slob Hunters

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

I went out to one of my favorite goose hunting spots the other day, hoping for a chance at some ducks too since I had seen them in there the day previous. I got set up and manage to knock down one goose since that was all that came in but on my way out, in the daylight I came across at least 1 box of empties and a pile of crow bodies. Now seriously? I figure the "crow hunter" was sitting in the edge of the standing corn and shooting out over the green piece. But now there is no corn there, it's been cut. Slob hunters that are too lazy to pick up their trash piss me off. Because all it takes is for the landowner to walk out there and see that and now NOBODY gets to hunt there.
I took a pic I was so upset... :mad:

There were more crow carcasses and shells spread around, I just could not fit them all in the pic
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Re: Slob Hunters

Postby JustinNH » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 am

:no: :no:

I don't eat them, but I always pick up my crows.
I never find all my shells when water hunting, but when I can (on land or if they are in the boat) they always come home.

The above two steps happen naturally and maybe take 5 min at the most. Too bad not everyone sees it that way....
JustinNH
State Moderator

Re: Slob Hunters

Postby NHDuckHunter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 am

Thats why I shoot an O/U. So much easier to pick up your shells when you don't have to actually pick them up. I hate slob hunters, especially slob hunters that hunt out of my blind, and leave their hulls behind, especially when those hulls are marked as lead.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting