Blind Etiquette

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Re: Blind Etiquette

Postby deertoducks » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Its crazy how we keep hearing how the number of duck stamps in NH are way down, yet everywhere you go seems like someone crowds in you. This is the reason I pretty much gave up puddle duck hunting a few years ago with the exception of a few quick puddle duck hunts a year and spend 99.9% of my waterfowling on the ocean chasing sea ducks.
deertoducks
hunter

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:05 am

native brookie wrote:One way to resolve this issue is to have a law that no permanent blinds are allowed on public land or water.

IMO, the last thing we need in this country is more laws and regulations. Maybe we can all just try to get along a little better without legal intervention. Be courteous to each other, do the right thing when nobody is looking, and be friendly. We don't need another law telling us what we can and can't do. We don't need another fee to have to pay to lease land. Like I said, I use permanent blinds to take out my elderly father, and my young son. Without a blind, I'd be forced to be buying my son a new pair of waders every year. Not really in the budget.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

Agreed... last thing we need are more laws or a stupid blind lottery system or leases. I read about them in other states and can only shake my head
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby HeritageHunter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree that some common courstsey would go a long way. The day public land goes into a lottery system is a sad day as far as I am concerned.

As far as duck stamp numbers being down and more guys at spots. I believe that is a direct result of more land being developed and unhuntable or being posted. We are losing accessable land at a far greater rate than we are losing hunters. In fact most stats show hunters are maintaining or even increasing their numbers. But land is going away.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby native brookie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

NHDuckHunter wrote:
native brookie wrote:One way to resolve this issue is to have a law that no permanent blinds are allowed on public land or water.

IMO, the last thing we need in this country is more laws and regulations. Maybe we can all just try to get along a little better without legal intervention. Be courteous to each other, do the right thing when nobody is looking, and be friendly. We don't need another law telling us what we can and can't do. We don't need another fee to have to pay to lease land. Like I said, I use permanent blinds to take out my elderly father, and my young son. Without a blind, I'd be forced to be buying my son a new pair of waders every year. Not really in the budget.

I agree completely about blind leases and the like. But on some heavily hunted public waters, I think a ban on permanent blinds makes sense. Otherwise you end up with a permanent blind on every good spot, and constant arguments over the etiquette of using them, setting up near them, etc. There aren't many spots that see this kind of pressure. On the few that do, I'd rather see no blinds than leased blinds.
native brookie
hunter

Postby Humble2006 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm

public land it goes to who was there first. If someone else built the blind I would have moved over 2 feet and said im not in your blind but i was here first, so i would appreciate you mowing elsewhere.
Humble2006
hunter

Previous

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting