Cabelas warranty on waders

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Cabelas warranty on waders

Postby NHDuckHunter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Okay, so I've read on here and other forums 100 times how Cabelas warranties their waders and other branded clothing for life. My take has always been if I wear a hole in my waders after wearing them 500 days, I got my moneys worth and they get recycled.
So I had a pair of Cabelas waders that were probably 7 or 8 years old, I've probably spend 200+ days in them. A buck a day, not bad IMO, worth the investment. Last year I got a small leak around one boot seam. I sealed it up and said I would look this year to replace them. Well, the beginning of this year I pulled them out and was going to wear them to brush in my blind. WHen I took them out of the storage bag, I noticed an entire seam came unglued. I was kind of perturbed, but figured it was time to chuck them anyway. Well, I put them aside and thought maybe I'd try to repair them as a back-up pair. Meanwhile, I ordered a new pair of waders. My new Cabelas waders came with a card explaining their warranty. "Life time guarantee"... the "life" of the waders, not YOUR life. So I asked myself, what is the "life" of a good pair of waders. So I called customer service and asked. She was very polite, and I was completely honest, and she said in her opinion, the waders lived a good life, but I shouldn't expect them to last much longer then that. I thanked her and told her I agreed. She told me I should DEFINITELY send them in though, worst case scenario, they tell me they are junk and refund my shipping costs. No lose situation to me. So I sent them in. They just called and told me that I am getting a full refund of what I paid. I actually told them I didn't think I deserved that since I wore the hell out of them. Said "Maybe give me 50%". Well, they wanted nothing of it- "we appreciate you being a loyal customer, and club member, and see from your records you already ordered a replacement pair and we will just send you the credit."
Well, like I said, I think they are crazy, but there it is. $220 back after wearing the living heck out of the things.
Thought it was some good info to share.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Re: Cabelas warranty on waders

Postby JustinNH » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Wow, I have heard good stuff about their customer service but that seems above and beyond. Works out for you! Thanks for sharing
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby ajmorell » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Strange. They wouldn't warranty my super mags after 3 years when they started leaking, they told me it was a one year warranty.....:x

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 am

Whoa, sorry about that, pretty long winded with a beer or two in me. :lol3:
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:08 am

NHDuckHunter wrote:Whoa, sorry about that, pretty long winded with a beer or two in me. :lol3:

Sounds like a hell of a deal, but we all know you will probably spend that money in their store any way, so they aren't really missing out on much. Good on you for trying to be honest about it too. :thumbsup:
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby HeritageHunter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 am

I hada similair experience with Bass Pro. They let me exchange a pair od rubber boots after three years that came apart n questions asked.

I always try to buy the Cabelas or Basspro brands for footwear and clothing. Reason being is I find that stores tend to be much more liberal with exchanges and warranties with their own private labels. If you buy another brand you are mostl ikely going to get told to contact the manufacturer and that always turns into a run around.

The only exception I have had was with Leupold. My grandfather gave me a rifle with a VXII on it that was at least 30 yrs old. It started to leak and get foggy. I contacted Leupold and they asked me to send it to them and they would re-build. 2 motnhs later I got the scope back and it was like new. Cost me $10 bucks to ship it. They stand behind their lifetime warranty no questions asked.
Keep the tradition alive and take a kid hunting!!!!

Honor our soldiers. Their sacrifice has given us our freedom.
HeritageHunter
State Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:39 am

Me and Black Betty wrote:
NHDuckHunter wrote:Whoa, sorry about that, pretty long winded with a beer or two in me. :lol3:

Sounds like a hell of a deal, but we all know you will probably spend that money in their store any way, so they aren't really missing out on much. Good on you for trying to be honest about it too. :thumbsup:

Oh for sure! They gave me a credit, not cash back. I ordered a brand new pair of breathable waders since I already replaced my neoprenes. They showed up yesterday, just in time for my trip to NY. :thumbsup:
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting