Oops I did it again

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Oops I did it again

Postby NHDuckHunter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am

Too dang quiet around here so I got a report-
Not sure how many of you remember my post from last year about deer hunting and my ridiculous luck
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=135320

Well, I did it again. I went out yesterday in the morning and saw 5. Tough shot on one, but the other 4 were chip shots. For some reason I passed. When I took a break for lunch, I called my father to fill him in. He immediately laid in to me for letting legal deer walk. :lol3: I guess its a generational thing. well, I headed back out in the afternoon around 1:30. Sometime just before 4 I hear one come up on my right, it was coming quick and had its head down and I immediately thought buck and got ready. I spun around in my seat and I got the gun in position. It was moving quick so I knew I had to stop him. He stepped in to one of my lanes, so I gave a quick grunt and froze him. Unfortunately, it was 1 foot too late and I still couldn't see his head. I could see most of his neck, and the entire body. Now I am eyeing the body trying to guess his size. I thought he looked decent, not huge, but my fathers words were still ringing in my head. I pulled back and dropped the hammer. After a short track I found the deer piled up. No horns, they must've fallen off when his penis fell off. :lol3: Oh well, doing my part to help the over-population problem.
So 5 years, 5 deer, probably spent less than 20 hours total in the woods in that time. I've got to be the luckiest deer hunting duck hunter in the world. :beer:
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Re: Oops I did it again

Postby tgs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Nice job, nothing wrong with putting meat in the freezer :beer:
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I legitimately laughed out loud on one of the last lines there :lol:

Congrats, that is a pretty good (OK, actually excellent) success rate!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Benny8 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Congrats NHDuckHunter :thumbsup: We are on the same hot streak. I also took my fifth deer in five seasons. Shot a 110 lb doe last saturday morning. Same size deer, out of the same treestand as last year, in almost exactly the same spot. It works, because the girls and I all love venison. Now deer hunting is over for me and I can concentrate on the ducks and geese. Congrats again :beer:
Benny8
hunter

Postby poor_duck » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Congrats to you both :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
poor_duck
hunter

Postby chefletch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 pm

nice work!
If it Flies, It dies.... if it's brown knock it down
chefletch