NH Season Dates

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

NH Season Dates

Postby Cub » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Guys go to the NH Fish and Game site to check end of coastal date. I checked it tonight and the date has changed. I was going to hunt on wensday glad I checked. :mad:
Hours of preparation for seconds of exhilaration
Cub
hunter

Re: NH Season Dates

Postby JustinNH » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 am

:huh: :huh:

Strange, not that I could make it Wed, but I did have it marked on my calendar... I never would have thought to check...

Was: Jan 9th
Now: Jan 7th

Thank you for posting that :thumbsup:

Anyone know why?
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Woodsy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:05 pm

W T F was up with that! I would like an explanation for that one from fish and game! What is funny is I actually hunted Wed. I guess luckily in MA. When I was headed back I took the long scenic route and came up through seabrook/ hampton and was surprised I didn't see anybody on the marsh. I now know why. Guess F+G didn't bust enough deer guys this year so they figured they would try and pork some duck hunters!!!!!
Woodsy
hunter

Postby Cub » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:05 am

Woodsy, I emailed F&G and asked why the season was changed. I was told it was not changed it was never the 9th it was missed . That was why they made the correction in red to get hunters attention. He also said " I would encourage you in the future to check the federal/state regulation sheet in addition to other venues." So I guess from now on I will check the regs more often. It must be my fault for not paying close enough attention.
Hours of preparation for seconds of exhilaration
Cub
hunter

Postby Woodsy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks CUB- Maybe next year I should offer my services out to F+G for a small nominal fee to be a PROOF READER so that before they send something to print they can actually get the dates right. If I did something like this at work my boss would drop the :hammer: . God I love government!
Woodsy
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting