Advice on NH

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Advice on NH

Postby dwbiggs » Tue May 14, 2013 6:09 am

Got offered a job in Goffstown...just outside Manchester. Anyone on here live close to there and recommend good places to live in the area? Kinda want to be out of city in the burbs but the wife would not want to be too far in the sticks. Sounds like there are plenty of hunting opportunities up there. :thumbsup:
Bonafide member of the National Ringneck Hunters Association(NRHA)
dwbiggs
hunter

Re: Advice on NH

Postby JustinNH » Tue May 14, 2013 6:22 am

NH can have some pretty high property taxes, so which town you decide to live in that may be a factor to help you decide.

Not sure about the taxes, but parts of Goffstown itself may fit the area you described.
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby dwbiggs » Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks Justin, noticed the property taxes are high...compared to VA...and varied on location. The wife liked the Bedford area but it looked kinda upscale to me...don't think we could afford to buy there.
Bonafide member of the National Ringneck Hunters Association(NRHA)
dwbiggs
hunter

Postby deertoducks » Thu May 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Goffstown , new Boston, weare, will have what you're looking for as far as suburbs or even some pretty remote places and you can still be 40 min or less from malls and city life. Bedford is a big money town with lots of stuck up yuppys but a lot of normal people as well. I personally like Merrimack .... Hour from the coast, hour from Boston, hour from the mountains and plenty of area within reasonable driving distance for hunting most game species nh has to offer. Feel free to shoot me a pm with any questions.
deertoducks
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 am

Weare or Dunbarton come to mind. I think you'll find better tax rates north of Goffstown. Good luck
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting